Great Forum

Longislander

Ensign
Thank you, this is a great forum. Let me introduce myself my name is Tom and I live on Long Island I am starting my search for my retirement boat. I Fished a couple DE boats (31 Duffy, 35 Duffy, 35 JC, and a 37 Osmond Beal by H&H) and liked them.I fished the Beal the most probably about 4 years. I love the lines of these boats but I don't understand all the different types.
What is the difference between a built up hull and a hard chime I might have the terms wrong? Thanks in advance.
Tom

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Last edited:

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Longislander,The book Maine Lobsterboats by Virginia L.Thorndike will answere your questions

mudhake

Captain
duuuuuaaaa, you owned all those boats and dont know the difference between a hardchined boat and a true downeast boat. unbelievable??????

mudhake

Captain
I apoligise, I asumed you owned those boats. you can pm me as I have several downeast boats for sale right in the size range you are loong for. including a new 28 seaworthy-bhm. thanks , steve Law.

Top Bottom