Greenstick for Albacore

Tower Todd

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.mountainequipmentservices.com
Boat Make
Albemarle 28
Never used a green stick, so I'm asking for any knowledge you may have. I know these work for Bluefin and Yellowfin, but do schoolie size (20 - 30lbs) albacore respond to them?

How long does it take to set out the bird and actually be fishing? Does it tangle easily? Can it be set / hooked up and retrived quickly (assuming the fish are biting)?

We have lots of albies out here on the left coast. Thank for your help.

Todd

JasonD

Lieutenant Commander
Albies will hop all over danglers from the stick just aswell as the yellowfin and bluefin. Setting the stick out and getting the leader (angle of the dangle) set properly is at first a game of trial and error, but once perfected, becomes as easy as setting your trolling spread. Good Luck

Tower Todd

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.mountainequipmentservices.com
Boat Make
Albemarle 28
Jason,

Thanks for the comeback. What is used to connect the stick to the main line? Is there is a break away set up? Is there any sort of conditions that the greenstick is not fishable, i.e. rough, following sea etc?

Thanks, Todd

JasonD

Lieutenant Commander
Yes there is a breakaway loop that "pops" when the fish pile on. The stick isn't going to work really well in evil conditions but... it still works. I have seen evilness when the Bird blows through the tops of the waves and it still caught fish

stickboat.jpg

greenstick_diagram_basic.jpg

Top Bottom