Grey Ghost

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Hard to disagree with that statement, she's a beauty!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Yes. John is still in the game somewhat but Gary has taken over the shop.

Tuna Hooker

Lieutenant
I drool over this boat every time I pass it. The only complaint I have is I never see it off the dock. If that was my boat I would live on it during the summer, literally, and be on the tuna grounds as much as humanly possible.

Tuna Hotline

Captain
The boat was for sale for years. Not exactly sure why, but it mainly sits fading in the sun up in the river. IIRC it was listed for $689,000 maybe 4 years ago.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Grey Ghost was a GM26 Hooper, ironically there were three GM26s for sale when I bought mine, this one was sitting in the yard next to the old owners new northern bay I believe. The GM26 at the time was bought by a CA School teacher from what I was told and he just wanted to move it. It had an Isuzi in it, which scared me at the time and was a little more rough but man it was FISHY looking...

That newer Grey Ghost, had an interesting rudder, crap forget the name of it, but it has hinges, etc, supposed ot turn faster I guess? Crap, I've heard of the name but never seen one... not indexing...

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Grey Ghost was a GM26 Hooper, ironically there were three GM26s for sale when I bought mine, this one was sitting in the yard next to the old owners new northern bay I believe. The GM26 at the time was bought by a CA School teacher from what I was told and he just wanted to move it. It had an Isuzi in it, which scared me at the time and was a little more rough but man it was FISHY looking...

That newer Grey Ghost, had an interesting rudder, crap forget the name of it, but it has hinges, etc, supposed ot turn faster I guess? Crap, I've heard of the name but never seen one... not indexing...

Maybe an "articulated" rudder? If so they improve steering considerably. although the rudder post needs to be beefed up. I can't imagine many DE boats that would need this type of steering set up. They are usually found on slow work boats etc.

Top Bottom