Guimond 45?

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
Anyone familiar with these? Not a true DE'er but looks pretty mean.
Used Boats

I bit out of my league price-wise. It looks a lot like the GoForIt from Barnegat Light NJ, last heard that boat was headed south to set snapper gear. That was over a decade ago though. Any opinions on her? Seaworthy, economic or what?

Sorry, should have ran a search. Mods can delete it.

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
It's a "Northumberland Strait boat"- Canadian. Never fished on one, but there are some guys down here who do well w/ them as gillnetters and longliners and tuna boats.

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
Guimond

Maybe the old Steamin Seamen, out of Manasquan. Looks similar. Beast of a boat.

Fish Pig

Ensign
guimond 45

we run one. The boat has been great. Not the best head sea but anything else it is a pleasure. We have an extended house and the cockpit is still enormous. Plenty of room to do anything you want. We have 1000 hp Man and it is fairly efficient at 16-17 kts. at 19 it is about 30gph. Only thing I would have done different is more fuel we hold 600 and would like 800 or 1000. Any specific questions let me know

George

Lieutenant
Boat Make
52 Millennium Marine
The boat is the Steamin Seaman out of Manasquan. It is our old boat. I laid her out. She was a good boat. The new owner replaced the engines a year or two ago. I had a 52 ftr built by the same guy in 2007. I had to take the boat to NC to Spencer's yard to correct all of the screw ups after a four year federal law suit. I am not a happy fisherman when it comes to that guy.
George

George

Lieutenant
Boat Make
52 Millennium Marine
Maybe the old Steamin Seamen, out of Manasquan. Looks similar. Beast of a boat.
Yes it is the Steamin Seaman. My son and i built her in 2001. we sold her in 2007 and she was re-named as the Tyler M.
George

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I think you might be right, although I'm not familiar with the Steamin Seamen, in hindsight I believe the Go For It was actually built by Yank and is still fishing down south.

Had twin 6-71s and belonged to one of the Svellings didn't it??
I had heard it did 1 knot for every 100 rpms.

George

Lieutenant
Boat Make
52 Millennium Marine
Had twin 6-71s and belonged to one of the Svellings didn't it??
I had heard it did 1 knot for every 100 rpms.
It had twin 430 Cummins. She wasn't fast, but she could ride out anything that came her way. Two years ago he re-powered it. I don't know what type of power he went with. I forgot the fella's name we sold her to. He is out of Rhode Island.

manni-yunk

Commander
It had twin 430 Cummins. She wasn't fast, but she could ride out anything that came her way. Two years ago he re-powered it. I don't know what type of power he went with. I forgot the fella's name we sold her to. He is out of Rhode Island.

What did she cruise and burn with that power?

That boat is for sale now?

Top Bottom