H & H 29 vs H & H 32

kmac

Commander
Which one rides the best? From all the pictures I have seen it looks like the 32 runs bow high----so much so it may be a visibility problem. I think both would have an engine box. The 29 looks like an older design. How would they each do with a QSB6.7 305?

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Before I decided to buy and rehab/repower the 25 T Jason I considered the 32 H&H and the 29 H&H.

Last May I went out for an all day "open charter" on the Elizabeth Marie a 32 H&H to experience a day out @ sea on this particular hull.

Bluefin Tuna Fishing Charters on Stellwagen Bank | Scituate, MA

A very very nice boat powered by a 440 Yanmar. The hull was "most comfortable @ 18 knots". Great ride, was NOT bow up, great visibility, tracked good etc., al perfect size hull

If I wanted a 32 footer it would be the hull of choice for me.

I took a short ride on a 29 H&H, not long enough to make a determination. The 29 is also a great boat.

I came very close to having a 29 H&H built back in Aug last year. Selling my "used" 31 Blackfin in this market and building out a "new" DE for 125 hrs. a year of boating (mostly inshore running) didn't make any $$ sense.

Actually owning a boat for recreation doesn't make much $$$ sense :D

But...ya can't take $it$ ALL with ya I guess. ;)

FWIW,

Bill D

PlumIs

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 H&H
I recently purchased a used H&H 32. I have never been on a 29 but I heard great things about both boats. The 29 is actually close to 30'.

I don't have much sea time in my 32' yet but I have talked to others who said they are both great sea boats. The 32 will give you a little over a couple of feet more in length and a about 7" more beam. Depending on what you are going to use the boat for you may appreciate the extra space.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Dave Wynn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
H&H 32 Desperado
I own a 32HH with a 440HP Yammar built by Steve Law. Cruise at 18 knots at 2600RPM burns 10 gallons per hour. 18 knots feels like the sweat spot. WOT 26.5 knots. I havn't really been in heavy seas yet but was cought 5 to 6 seas boat handled great. Its a big 32 ft boat.I cant speak of the 29 never been on one. But I did price the 29 and 32 out for new builds. I me its not worth buying the 29 the price between the two was not a big deal. be more then happy to share.

Top Bottom