Harris designed 24, looking for advice

tunahunter81

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Wilmette
What would you figure is the approximate cost to finish a 24' boat? I have a friend with a solid 24 hull, has done some of the work needed and boat needs to be finished, has engine and shaft and wheel, needs exhaust, its a dry exhaust boat, and needs a lobster top and interior decking, what would a finisher charge? Or what do you think it would take monetarily to do the work myself? Im a carpenter that has intermediate fiberglass skills, would love some input. Cabin top and foredeck are finished as are the gunnels.

Jon

tunahunter81

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Wilmette
Ill get some pics ASAP. Any thoughts or feelings on using the prisma composite stuff, looks neat and a bit easier.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Prisma for what? The deck? Seems like a major undertaking using those as the main support structure for the work platform to me. They typically replace coring in parts while they are being laid up in the molds, or used as ribbands and sub-stringer assemblies on hulls. If it was me I'd probably use a double layer of 1/4" plywood with some glass sandwiched between the layers as a work platform for a 24 footer. Alternate your seams for a worry free substrate. Be sure to seal up the bottom side too, if not with glass then at least hot coat it.

Top Bottom