Has anyone ever formed an Delaware or Nevada LLC?

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
I've been looking into this, Wondering if anyone else has done so ? TIA

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
what are the advantages?

I'm looking to move to an LLC or some sort of Corp from a Sole Prop this winter. Also looking for any RI advisers that people have done business with.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
what are the advantages?

I'm looking to move to an LLC or some sort of Corp from a Sole Prop this winter. Also looking for any RI advisers that people have done business with.
It’s a cheaper and easier method of forming an LLC. And you can still file as a sole prop. Protects your personal assets if you are sued.. that’s what my understanding is.. most publicly traded companies incorp in Delaware

Cool Boat

Commander
Since we live in DE: My wife handled the paperwork and fees, it cost $300/year for the LLC. You need to be certain that you are the only one with that company name, either with or without the LLC. This is done online and you make a request and they get back to you in a couple of days. You can also incorporate or be a sole proprietor. We also had a business license, the pair of business licenses cost $165, one for manufacturing and one for retail. We were manufacturing the custom yacht tenders. We were listed for fiberglass/wood/metal products. We did not list boats as wanted to be vague and have more options. Since we sold the molds last fall, we are now without the LLC, just the business licenses. This was done in 2020 to save the $300 annual fee. She notes it can all be done online.

Top Bottom