hauler mount

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
I'm leaning toward putting my hydraulic hauler on top of my starboard washrail primary use is for retreiving anchor line any advice or pictures would be apreciated I've seen most use a ss or other metal wedge

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
hauler

horizontal originally it was mounted on the articulating ss table by the helm the starboard side of the cabin lifts into the wheelhouse so i don't have a rear bulkhed on the cabin

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I will take some shots of mine vinny. Very simple. Probably similar to what you want

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
We've done haulers mounted on the washrail before, some where the disks were facing inboard (primarily for lobstering) and some where the disks were facing outboard (for hauling anchors).

For the inboard facing position a simple box was created on the washrail to house the hydraulic motor and hoses. For the outboard facing position, the backing plate went right on the side of the cabin, with the line going down into a box built under the washrail with a hatch.

Black dot is the access hatch to the hydraulic motor on the black boat.

46474_121991517852706_2252780_n.jpg

weejack ad2.jpg

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Mounted on washrail they can be used for hauling anything. Anchors on pulpit, or anything off a davit. Vinny will not be hauling lobster gear

Dano62

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
34' Wayne Beal
You should wrap all of your hydraulic fittings, including the ends of the hydraulic lines (after they are assembled), with PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape (link below). My Cat dealer uses it and I bought a roll from him. When it comes time to disassemble for any reason, the fittings will look like new. It will also keep you from having to replace lines and fitting prematurely. I use it on all of my hydraulic fittings, even in the cabin. Don't forget the ones on your steering ram if you have hydraulic steering.

PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:
Top Bottom