Have at it

Hooper

Captain
Wow.....

A few years ago, when I was selling a 23 SeaCraft, a guy offered me a straight up trade for a sweet 30' Mackenzie bass boat. Sweet rig, had a diesel in it, can't remember what brand, GM maybe? But I told him I was not the right guy for that kind of boat. Talk about tits on a bull! Far more care than I would be able to give her.

mudhake

Captain
I know the owner real good, I also remember the boat when it was in the water and running and tuna fishing. It is hull #1 and well worth restoring. It has been in his barn forever.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I spend many winters in my youth working on wood boats so I could go swordfishing and tuna fishing. So I think it is time to say this again.

Wood is good and steel is real but you can wrap my ass in fibergrass.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Ya I went and looked at it when it was up for sale. The guy was really trying to move it. Now that I think of it it was a big cummins. Nice boat but..

reelsportfishing

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.ReeltoReelSportfishing.com
Boat Make
1999 40' Young Brothers
Boy, I'm surprised no one has jumped on this. Most rot in a wood boat is from fresh water and poor ventilation. My old brownell had red lead in the bilges. Looks like this boat was stored under the right conditions. I would think it would be an ideal candidate to be glassed over plus looks like you have plenty of access to the bildge. Everything is opened up. Here is a chance for someone to get a descent hull for free. There is nothing wrong with a wood boat. If you glassed that baby over it wouldn't be much more work than a glass boat.

Top Bottom