Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Wasque 32, Shelter Island 38
Last edited by a moderator:

phil

Lieutenant
Old Bay-this looks excellent! How did you stick the wainscoating to the overhead?
Thanks-Phil

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Last edited by a moderator:

capnrob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
webbers cove 34 1968
headliner

Great job! I only hope mine turns out as well. I have seen this material used in some mega yachts. It just makes sense. In my pilothouse it will be fastened with exposed screws with finish washers so I'll have access to my electronics. The flexibility is a big plus for my fo'c's'l. I have a Webers Cove 34 that was finished in Florida as a pocket yacht in 1968. It's been my home since '93 in FL and in NC.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Is that the stuff they use under the roof of porches? Looks good, I like the idea.

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Oh wow,! years ago I did the EXACT same thing, ony in the real WOOD waincotting. I will look at this stuff next time in a box store as my overhead is gitting lousy like yrs was. Is it light in weight?
May old job was to gave something to put screws into for rod holders. is this material thick? can you put a screw into it like wood? I used liquid mails to hang it up.
Nice job by the way.

Last edited:

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
Plastpro Veranda

Try a search with this, Plastpro Veranda
8 ft. x 7-1/4 in. x 1/4 in. Vinyl Pre-finished Reversible Panel Planking Moulding (3-Piece)
Thanks for the info, I am going to do the headliner soon and this looks like the way to go,

capnrob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
webbers cove 34 1968
I will definitely use mahogany trim as I'm sure that's what keeps it tight to the cabin top's camber. In the fo'c'sl deckhead I will use brads or escution pins. In the pilot house I'll use the screws. Not that the wiring from all my electronics, anchor light, search light and, bless them windshield wipers will ever need attention, I'll have easy access. I'm going to post an introduction to myself and my vessel, m/v Patience in that first thread where it's suggested. I'm lovin' this site!

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make

Latest Posts

Top Bottom