heat exchanger cleaning fluid

sidejob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
novi
does anyone have any sug or good ideas on cleaning out the heat exchanger besides removing it some say muriatic acid but sounds harsh vinagar ? someone had mentioned a new product ? the engine is a jd 6076

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
Its about a 1 hour job to remove it on a 300 deere.Most likely you can reuse the O -rings.I use sizzle boiler cleaner,get it at Webbs or a plumbing supply.By the time you drain the engine,run the stuffthru the engine, then have to flush it out,and refill with coolant you could have taken the unit out and inspected it,removed all the old zincs and other debris that finds its way in there,cleaned with sizzle and be back together.I just put the sizzle in a 5 gallon bucket,and pressure wash the core when its done soaking.

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
Rydlyme used here to. I still believe in the removal of coolers and exchanger every three years for full inspection and keeping end caps serviceable.

Rydlyme is a great product to clean the seawater side while not removing the cooler. Set-up a circulation system and hit the aftercooler, transmission cooler & heat exchanger all in one loop. Remove zinc from their plugs and if you have seawater dripless shaft seal be sure to disconnect the feed line and plug.

Here's a picture of the loop I set-up on my 6B.

Rydlyme Sept 11 2012.jpg

Top Bottom