Heat wrap

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
We've all seen the fiberglass tape you cover with water glass, and I will resort to it if I have to for a section of dry exhaust before the mixer but what about this stuff? How abount the heavy blanket material? Does anybody know where to get it?

Marine Exhaust Heat Shield | Heatshield Products

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
I had heavy blanket type material on my dry exhaust but I don't remember what it was called. I think we got it at a truck/heavy equipment shop. It was pretty thick and you could literally put your hand on it while the engine was running

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
That looks like what is on my dry stack, and I love it.

Roy-c

Commander
Rose's marine in Gloucester has the blanket wrap that the water tape goes over. I don't know where you can get the silver cover material that you can use to make a removable blanket with using stainless hog ring and trolling wire but that is the way to go. Was on the boat when we got it and is great. That is what you see on a lot of the really big money boats and the military stuff,

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
I got some stuff from rose marine. It's basically rolls of fiberglass insulation that I wrapped my whole dry exhaust system with them you use the heat shield wrap that you see everybody use. Then you paint on this paste type of stuff and it becomes almost like a cast. I can run my boat all day and go down forward and lean on my muffler no prob

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
Infab in Lewiston Maine makes custom exhaust blankets.207 786 0004 www.infabrefractories.com they are the heavy gray blankets that are held on with stainless wire. I use kawool blanket from a furnace supply and wrap it with fiberglass tape,and then coat it with silicone.The silicone may smoke a little at first,but once it is cured it doesn't make dust like some of the other methods,custom blankets included.

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
Thanks for all the help, I like that kawool and fiberglass tape method. What's the 'silicone' you finish with?

Top Bottom