Helm chair

Capt. Lou

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
40 H&H "Julia G"
Any ideas for a comfy helm chair without spending big$$?? I need something comfy for my fat ass on 3-6 hour cruises.

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
Check out this site: helmchairs.com - that is lebroc industries.
Their chairs are super comfortable!! You will have to spend a few bucks
to get a decent chair. I would call them to see if they have any on sale.
They do a lot of shows and if the display models get any little nicks, they sell them at 25% off. I bought one like that you cannot detect anything
at all wrong. Great SUPER comfortable chair. They guarantee everything
for 2 years as well and offer free shipping.

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
36' Custom BHM, Flye Pointe Marine
Any ideas for a comfy helm chair without spending big$$?? I need something comfy for my fat ass on 3-6 hour cruises.

My solution to the same question was a pair of Corbeau Racing Seats. They offer great support and adjustable back angle for far less than Recaro or Stidd. They are somewhat narrow, which might not accomodate a great beamy bottom. I'm sure there are many other options. Just google search Bucket Seats. Mine mount to the top of cabinets, so you might need to have custom bases made, which will certainly add to the cost.

DSC_0006.jpg

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Nice wheel! Is that a John Hastie?
It's a Scottish wheel out of Edinburgh. I want to say Rosborough, or something like that? I searched far and wide for it after seeing one in an advertisement for something unrelated. We had an Asian Wharf Rat get on board a few years ago, and it nearly chewed off one of the teak spokes. I was about to repair it, when I realized it was too good a story to eliminate the evidence.

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
It's a Scottish wheel out of Edinburgh. I want to say Rosborough, or something like that? I searched far and wide for it after seeing one in an advertisement for something unrelated. We had an Asian Wharf Rat get on board a few years ago, and it nearly chewed off one of the teak spokes. I was about to repair it, when I realized it was too good a story to eliminate the evidence.

That would be my second guess...Brown Bros. Rosebank Ironworks. I'm looking to pick up a similar wheel.

That is a good story...adds character.

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
You got that name just right. I knew I was a little off. I wish the spoke on that wheel was the only damage. The rat also got all kinds of wire coating and other plastics, including VHF dials and Extinquisher guages, not to mention a pint of peanut butter, neosporin ointment and Sudafed, just to mention a few. The big ticket item was the Radar cable. a fifty foot run at $6.00 a foot. I bought it used for $2.00.

Top Bottom