Helm Chairs ??

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
What seat is that? Currently searching for a relatively low cost basic helm seat for our BHM 28.

Thanks
Go to a junkyard (automotive) and ask for a Honda odyssea rear seat... Leather ones are about $75, cloth probably half that... Comfortable! Pick your pedestal of choice...

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Go to a junkyard (automotive) and ask for a Honda odyssea rear seat... Leather ones are about $75, cloth probably half that... Comfortable! Pick your pedestal of choice...
Why Honda? Why rear seat? Who makes a good pedestal?

I did look at the honda seats. Interesting idea.

Squider42

Lieutenant Commander
We have the slimline for the helm chair, and the regular for the navigator chair. The though was, you get bucked around less when it's sloppy in the slimline, and it has proven to be helpful over the years, especially when anchored in a big beam sea.
Feel the same way, when it was sloppy didn't have to worry about sliding around in chair and could focus on other things. If you felt the need to turn to talk to someone, you could always just raise up one arm and swivel in the chair. I think the slimline can fit a pretty large person. I had a guy who was 6'2" about 240 in the chair no problem. If you are a really large guy who is wide might fit better in a regular, maybe find one to sit in.

osprey47

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Joe
Boat Make
BHM 36 w/ Yanmar 6LYA-STE
Stidd. Not cheap. Well made. Ours are 20 years young. Had to replace the cushions last year due to wear and dirt.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
yes or no? Impulse buy....

Still need to figure out some installation and operational things.

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

Top Bottom