Help me find an alternative to Mainship Pilot 34

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
Hello all:

We have a contract to sell our sailing catamaran and so are now looking at our next boat, which will be a downeast (style?) in the 32-36' range with a long cruising cabin. Our budget is under $150K.

The Mainship Pilot 34 fits our specs pretty well. I would like a foot longer cabin, but all in all it works. But it is not really a downeaster is it (well maybe it is but lets not debate that point).

Real downeasters that I have seen on Yachtworld have short cabins, often galley up along one side, so they don't really have room for two to stretch out. Or their price is out of our league.

So anyone know of a boat for sale that would fit our needs: 32-36', no flybridge, cruise comfortably at 15 kts, long cabin with settees port and starboard, galley down. Listed for $150K or less.

David

Last edited:

Mark Giegel

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Looking for DE 34 to 36
There is aDuffy 35 long cabin with low diesel hours...contact Art at 203 641 5655. This is his fathers boat. Located in Rockland ME. Currently on Yachtworld and listed at 122K

Best
Mark in Mountainville NY

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
Mark:

Thanks. I saw that one on Yachtworld. But the galley up, storage cabinet behind the helm station and Detroit engine puts me off.

For those others who have responded: no fly bridge, under $150K listing and I don't think I have missed anything listed on Yachtworld that has been posted so far. DEs that meet the requirement of long cabin, galley down, two settees are few and far between.

David

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Mark:

Thanks. I saw that one on Yachtworld. But the galley up, storage cabinet behind the helm station and Detroit engine puts me off.

For those others who have responded: no fly bridge, under $150K listing and I don't think I have missed anything listed on Yachtworld that has been posted so far. DEs that meet the requirement of long cabin, galley down, two settees are few and far between.

David

Just remember in todays market listing price and actual sale price are two different things

Latest Posts

Top Bottom