Help me find this hinge

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
I need a pair of polished stainless or chromed brass hinges like the first picture, but BIG. Like around 8" or more long when opened, has to be flush for recessed mounting, I want the same oval shape and I don't want the typical "table" hinge which has the extra link in it like the 2nd picture. Seems all I can find are hinges that are maybe 3" or so long. Anybody know of a source? Thanks!

th

th

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
We buy hinges from Northeast Hinge in NH. I will get you thier number when I go in the office later this morning. Also, I would call Hamilton marine. They are so helpfull. They will search thier distributors for you. Keep that boat nice!!!!!:D

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Tuna Pursuit - Oh, don't worry I'll keep a shine on her.

Toolate - thanks for the link, but you're right nothing that size in that shape. I know I've seen them before on large deck hatches, but of course I didn't need them at that time...

The hinges are actually for my house, which has a strange means of accessing the basement; through a floor hatch. Lift the hatch, which is hardwood matching the rest of the floor, and there's a set of steps under it to get to the basement.

There were plain steel hinges on it before, but it was covered with carpet so it didn't matter what they looked like. Now, since it's visible, I want it to have that nautical flair with stainless oval flush hinges. I bought table hinges but they're way too small, and that extra link in them doesn't work too well for this heavy hatch cover.

Thanks!

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Okay, we're getting closer; thanks Chortle for the links but they're either just undersized or not quite the right shape. I know, I know, look who wants the moon!

They must be out there...

Thanks!

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Gave my wife the option of the brass, bronze or stainless look; she chose SS, so you know what that means. Besides, I already recessed one of these:

th
Polished brass would look good too or polished nickel. Just regular house grade stuff. Not round nautical looking tho.

John Riddle

Lieutenant
Website
www.riddleboatworks.net
Stinkpot:

I think I can easily fabricate a pair of hinges to the size and shape you want that look way better and "tighter" than the hinge in your original post. Or, if you have a source, I'll send you a drawing and you can have it fab'd yourself. Send me an email if you're interested.

Top Bottom