Hi all- My little project

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
31' JC pilothouse(for sale) 25' General Marine
My new,to me, 25' Aylward. Getting on a new trailer.

DSCF5338.jpg

DSCF5342.jpg

DSCF5345.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
She looks great Otter. Congratulations again.

FirstTeam, she is in fact a Canadian build, see here The Venerable Alyward 25

MDI - As we all know, there is ALWAYS another project when it comes to a boat, although I do know that particular Alyward is turnkey and ready to rumble. Just needs a transducer fiitted, radar installed, and a brand new plotter to finish off just one of the projects planned.

Otter, as Del Mar requested, keep the pics AND posts coming.

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Thanks, it's almost ready to go. As Wharf Rat said, is Canadian. Been in storage the last couple of years, so little things to do. Get it set up for mostly offshore for cod. It's nice when my brother-in-law owns a crane service, easy swap on trailers. A couple 30 packs and a pu-pu platter for 10,lol. I'll keep the pictures coming. Question: is it always a little scary cutting a 2" hole in the hull on your first thru hull installation?

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
There there, it's just like killing a man. The second one is much easier. Some might say "considerably".

(twenty internet points if you catch the reference)

Bond-- James Bond.

jj225

Lieutenant
The boat looks just like the one on the website. Pretty cool. Wish they built one a bit smaller but logistically a nightmare to deal with going up there. Plus no warranties on the motors when bought north of the border. At least when buying new.

Last edited:

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
The boat looks just like the one on the website. Pretty cool. Wish they built one a bit smaller but logistically a nightmare to deal with going up there. Plus no warranties on the motors when bought north of the border. At least when buying new.
It is the one, but boat has been in storage, little neglect on last owner. They'll deliver to your door a motor ready hull/boat,lol. Of course they'll be some Canadian tax of some sort. Got you F/V First Team

hori

Lieutenant
any chance of some more pics of bottom/ keel.
How are you like the Aylward 25 so far,

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
any chance of some more pics of bottom/ keel.
How are you like the Aylward 25 so far,
Will do when I pull it for the season in a couple weeks. Like it a lot. Had to put trim tabs on, took care of the pounding. Have to drive it/pay attention in a quartering/following sea.

hori

Lieutenant
looking forward to more photos, the Aylward 25` is a good looking boat and super quality and build.

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
looking forward to more photos, the Aylward 25` is a good looking boat and super quality and build.
For sure on the quality. But you can get the same quality/build from the downeast boys. They still take pride in their work.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Wow my novi's about ten feet shorter than yours but it looks like we almost have the same hull...did you try anything for the pounding before trim tabs? I have that problem. I was going to install the fin and see how much that abated it before going straight to the trim tabvs...

Otter5

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Wow my novi's about ten feet shorter than yours but it looks like we almost have the same hull...did you try anything for the pounding before trim tabs? I have that problem. I was going to install the fin and see how much that abated it before going straight to the trim tabvs...
No, I just went with the tabs. Never thought about a fin. Might work with trimming the motor. I rarely adjust any more than one click down on the tabs. Just enough to get the bow down a touch. Fin might just be the ticket. Be cheaper,lol.

Top Bottom