Hiding wires / cables

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
So I have no more room in my pipe chase and Im adding a bilge pump and a transducer and I need to run them up under the gunwhales as shown.. what should I use to cover it up where it runs down the side and across the deck?? I saw this config on a eastern.. anyone know where toget this stuff?

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
What stuff? PVC pipe?
Really hard to see that picture, plus I reckon any machine shop with a tubing bender and some sweet heat gun application could produce just about any size curve you wanted in some PVC pipe up to your gunwale.

RyanCT

Lieutenant Commander
Fused PVC Liquid tight

You could get some fused PVC liquid tight from any electrical supply house. That would allow you to connect the conduit directly to the starboard side of the console close to the floor. They also make plenty of connectors for securing the conduit along the way.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
it looks like 1/2 a pvc pipe with a flange to screw it down to the deck..

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
UHMW or starboard in thin sheets, sheild with plywood and bend to shape with a heat gun.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
I started using that wire chase to neatin up all the wires INSIDE my cabin. Man does it clean up the jumbled pile of wires to eltronics etc. That's the stuff that has sticky back and face opens and closes with a snap.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
ya just gonna try this stuff to get me through a season or two until my throttle or steering cable goes and I am forced to pull everything out of the wire chase and strart fresh. I REALLY regret not using a bigger pipe for this and my weep holes in my stringers.guess there is always next time when I do a boat over. not something that you can correct after the deck is down..this stuff has a little bit of an edge that I can throw a couple of screws through

31PCPTJBZZL__SX385_.jpg

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
Good Product

ya just gonna try this stuff to get me through a season or two
I used that product for many years to get power to a table-saw, instead of breaking up a concrete floor. Not a trip hazard and the casters for my rolling tool-box did not move it when I had to move the box

Top Bottom