Holland 32 prop size

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
If anyone could give me some insight on prop size that would be great! I have a Holland 32 with a 300 john deere, 1.5:1 twin disc. The boat had a 23x23 4 blade on it when I got it. Come to find out the shaft was a 1.75 inch and the prop was for a 2 inch shaft. Just by guessing from the looks of the prop and the key that was all afloat and not tight, I think the prop need s to be replaced. The previous owner thought the prop might be too big..... but not really sure. Trying to figure out if anyone out there has a similar setup. Thanks in advance!

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
Definitely is my next step! The guys at Accutech are great. I am sure they can give me some information. Just like to hear what guys with similar situations have to say! Thanks!

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Are you saying that the wheel is bored for 2" yet you have 1.75 shafting? Was the wheel sleeved to reduce it to 1.75. Also with the 23 X 23 what was the WOT RPM the motor Achieved. Lastly what is the WOT ROM that the motor is rated for. We can figure this out pretty close

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
Unfortunately, yes, the wheel was bored for 2 inch and it had some plastic sleeve taking up the difference. The prop was all sloppy and afloat ( can't imagine why ). I was never in the boat when it was running, I believe the owner said it was around 2200 maybe a little more with a cage on it. I am not sure of the engine WOT rating. The engine is an older 6076AFM, I have not been very successful on finding out much information on this engine. If anyone could shed some light on that also it would be much appreciated. I want to say the engine is rated at 2500 wot?

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Unfortunately, yes, the wheel was bored for 2 inch and it had some plastic sleeve taking up the difference. The prop was all sloppy and afloat ( can't imagine why ). I was never in the boat when it was running, I believe the owner said it was around 2200 maybe a little more with a cage on it. I am not sure of the engine WOT rating. The engine is an older 6076AFM, I have not been very successful on finding out much information on this engine. If anyone could shed some light on that also it would be much appreciated. I want to say the engine is rated at 2500 wot?

For starters you need to pull that shaft out. If the wheel was sloppy that means the key way moved around in the shaft canal on the taper. This can cause an unseen stress crack in the taper as the key way floats & hammers the surrounding metal in the canel. You put the correct wheel on and months later the shaft let's go.
If she turned up 22000 RPMs with the cage. Then you most likely will spin a 23 X 23 without the cage. Your boat is an easy one to wheel correctly. I am sure the prop shop will get it 1st shot. My guess is either the 23 X 23 or 23 x 22.

Last edited:

Fechmup

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32' Harker's Island / Deere 6076
I have a 32' Harker's island boat with a 300hp 6076, so I'm naturally drawn to this thread. I can tell you that the john deere data sheets say the motor is rated at 2400rpms. I run my boat at 2100, but I can actually get about 2450 out of it. Makes me think I need to re-wheel it myself.

If I understood the damn prop calculator, I'd have at it....

Last edited:

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
I have a 32' Harker's island boat with a 300hp 6076, so I'm naturally drawn to this thread. I can tell you that the john deere data sheets say the motor is rated at 2400rpms. I run my boat at 2100, but I can actually get about 2450 out of it. Makes me think I need to re-wheel it myself.

If I understood the damn prop calculator, I'd have at it....

What is your current propeller size & top RPMs.

For this boat the closest I can get is a 23 X 21 plus or minus 1" of pitch

Top Bottom