Holland

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
Finally being sensible and an install thinking out of the box !

Yup, now THAT is an engine box the owner can put to good use, PLUS a center companionway for easy non-whacking your head getting down below.:D

And the engine noise is out back where it belongs !:D

Finally?? "look at the engine access" :D No "built in engine"....excellent !:D

I wonder how she handles !!!!!

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
I asked Glenn this question and he said no different

Yes, Glenn told me the same thing!

Ken @ Flowers told me he thought his 33 was NOT a candidate for a vdrive the way he designed the hull and all.

I' m thinking a 32 Mitchell Cove would be another nice choice for a vdrive install.

BIG cockpit for a USABLE engine box. NO ENGINE box in the helm area, center companionway etc. NO NOISE.:D

Stewart's new Calvin Beal 30 is another candidate.

Jimmy Beal's 33 with a QSC500 and a 10 degree "remote" vdrive would be a nice choice too.:D

I think all the "hoopla" about the short comings of a vdrive in a DE hull is a result of the "rollover" at the lobster boat races years ago and the "ban" on vdrive racing.

Again, mostly "hoopla" and east coast traditional mind set thinking !! LOL :D

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
they're fun to say

so much wasted space, cant haul gear, pitch a tent on deck, dance under the stars bathed in moonlight in your favorite secluded cove. at least you have an arm rest for when you're watching people enjoy boating.

v-drives arent banned, neither are two-speed gearboxes

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
What's a shame ?? :confused:

The Holland having a vdrive?

The rollover ?

vdrives in downeaster ?

vdrives? :D

V drives belong in sea rays, silvertons, bayliners and other forms of floating bloated pigs

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
they're fun to say

so much wasted space, cant haul gear, pitch a tent on deck, dance under the stars bathed in moonlight in your favorite secluded cove. at least you have an arm rest for when you're watching people enjoy boating.

v-drives arent banned, neither are two-speed gearboxes

Well well ! :(

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
A "weak" link ???

Explain ?

Many many vdrive installs out there on the oceans with 5,000 + trouble free hours on them. Some over 10,000.

All about "setup" and "regular maintenance". :D

ya mean people have to worry about failures with as little as 5000 hrs? I could see falure free for 15000 hrs like the good transmissions.. why install something known to be problematic at 5000????? or less the way you word it. Is it for those 450hr every 10 years boats? Wouldn't going on a cruise ship every 3 months for a few days be cheaper?

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
ya mean people have to worry about failures with as little as 5000 hrs? I could see falure free for 15000 hrs like the good transmissions.. why install something known to be problematic at 5000????? or less the way you word it. Is it for those 450hr every 10 years boats? Wouldn't going on a cruise ship every 3 months for a few days be cheaper?

Nope, not as much fun on a cruise ship !!!
Not expensive enough !!:D

bavarian323i

Lieutenant
Why all the bad blood about vdrives? they reduce the access to belts but wouldnt they provide better access to other areas that another setup wouldnt provide?

Top Bottom