Home Depot Vs Lowes Appliances

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Didn’t even think of Costco. Good idea, Love the fish mosaic just did the same thing with a whale

View attachment 85264
Amazing! It looks like it belongs in Cape Cod Life magazine!! The light fixtures are the bomb. Where did you find them?

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Amazing! It looks like it belongs in Cape Cod Life magazine!! The light fixtures are the bomb. Where did you find them?
Thanks Craig.. most of it was cheap or cheaper than you would think. Countertops and shelves are planked oak I had made in Vermont for $30 /sq and went over them with rubiomono coat.. cabinets were $5700 from cliqstudios.con ..Home Depot appliances (the stove is a knock off Viking they sell.. and sink. Lights and faucet are all from Wayfair. Shiplap is from southeastern Millworks , Those were open box specials maybe $80 each. Mosaic was 1500 from a kid on the cape. Prob 3k to put everything in..No kitchen is cheap but i did this relatively cheap.

Last edited:

Quik Fix 16

Captain
Boat Make
Shamrock
Compressor shows yesterday. After 2 hours the repair man tells us it doesn't work. Don't know when or if they can get another. IF YOU BUY AN LG APPLIANCE, YOU ARE A DUMBASS.
Been without a refrigerator for 3 months now. Today LG says. "sorry, I know how you feel but can't get parts". " Sorry, don't know what to tell you". Translation, tuff luck buddy, we got your money and really don't give a rats ass about your problem.
So, serious shopping for a fridge but don't know what to buy and really worried abuout getting burned again. I'm just a poor southern boy. Don't have the big bucks y'all have to throw 3 grand away every year.
Really wish N.C. had the law that Maine has. Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening, now back to normal reading.

Cool Boat

Commander
Sooooo, I have given up on getting this one fixed, can anyone suggest a good refrigerator. Something you have had more than a couple of years and are happy with.
If you look at the repair statistics for repairs, Whirlpool is the best. They also make the Amana and Kitchen Aid if I recall. My 23 year old Amana had a knock in the compressor. Probably a broken suspension spring. Other than that it had been flawless but could die at any time. So I get another Amana because the ice maker was flawless. I get the unit, reading the warranty paperwork, made by Whirlpool. Wife hates the interior too. Anyway, 30 days old the icemaker is making loud hammering noises. Service guy puts in a new one. At least I watched him do it as the stinking ice maker jams up about every 45 days. Just fixed it again two days ago. I don't even tighten the screws anymore, just unhook it, run it under hot water to unjam, and reinstall. I've got it down to under 5 minutes though. I have a buddy with a new Samsung. Ice maker is in a slide out drawer. He finally bought an ice machine for the house. I read up on the expensive ones, like Bosch, high repair rates and personally, I DO NOT want a fridge made in Turkey. GE fridges I believe are owned by a Chinese firm now too. I saw a label on one of the ones at Lowes that the wife wanted me to buy, Inverter compressor, it sounds like the lemon that you got. Really bad reviews online. I believe there may be a class action lawsuit against them, you might look into it. My next fridge will not have ice on the door but will have to be a Whirlpool again I'm afraid.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
GE profile has been good to us. Bought it through Sears, they actually had a very good service plan. Technician was very good, lots of troubleshooting before replacing a board that I fried during a power outage (fucked up generator).

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
GE profile has been good to us. Bought it through Sears, they actually had a very good service plan. Technician was very good, lots of troubleshooting before replacing a board that I fried during a power outage (fucked up generator).

Last power outage (Laura) I was worried about the same thing. I have a 40 year old genny that sounded funny after I connected it. Put my meter on it and it was putting out 145 volts. :eek: Had to plug a heater in for a decent size load to lower the volts and keep the revs steady.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Quik Fix 16

Captain
Boat Make
Shamrock
No refrigerators in my size, 33", anywhere around here until end of NOV. Welcome to the new normal. Love living out of a cooler. Repair guy shows up again today. Pulls it out, opens the box and, you can't make this up, the wrong part is in the box. If I had a way to get it up the stairs, I would bring my old shop refrige home. 30 yr old Maytag, going strong.

Top Bottom