How many boats have you owned?

Pioneer

Lieutenant
Boat Make
25' Columbia Northsider
I think that’s impressive the amount of time you’ve owned your two boats
Thanks CC; kinda get attached to them.You get to know them, how they perform/react, don't know, there's something comforting (to me) about that. Hopefully, got one more in me

novivin

Captain
Thanks,
Great guy and great boat, Still making money at 33 years old. As they say at Clark Island Boat Works "Built to Last". Were you in the Shipyard in Hingham when you met him?
No, actually crossed paths on the water a couple of times. I was on a dragger trying to accomplish sampling stations with a trawl off Nantasket. He gave us pointers on where open bottom would be to tow the net without wrapping up lobster gear more than once. It was much appreciated. He steamed right up and talked, no radio. He looked like somebody that really enjoyed what he was doing.

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
No, actually crossed paths on the water a couple of times. I was on a dragger trying to accomplish sampling stations with a also want trawl off Nantasket. He gave us pointers on where open bottom would be to tow the net without wrapping up lobster gear more than once. It was much appreciated. He steamed right up and talked, no radio. He looked like somebody that really enjoyed what he was doing.
Makes sense, a bit of self preservation but always looking to help out. He was one of the lucky people in the world that truly loved what he did. I honestly believe he would have done it whether he was good at it or not (which he was) and whether or not he was able to make a living. It was just who he was. As I said before, the reason for building and launching the 35 Duffy at age 70 was to downsize from the 42 OEM, never mentioned retiring or even selling the J&J. Still was hauling gear around 150 days a year at 70 and the Duffy was going to be a Spring and Summer boat then switch back to the J&J in the Fall once the weather turned and he started moving East

novivin

Captain
Makes sense, a bit of self preservation but always looking to help out. He was one of the lucky people in the world that truly loved what he did. I honestly believe he would have done it whether he was good at it or not (which he was) and whether or not he was able to make a living. It was just who he was. As I said before, the reason for building and launching the 35 Duffy at age 70 was to downsize from the 42 OEM, never mentioned retiring or even selling the J&J. Still was hauling gear around 150 days a year at 70 and the Duffy was going to be a Spring and Summer boat then switch back to the J&J in the Fall once the weather turned and he started moving East
I figured he really enjoyed his business. Your dad was a lucky guy, it sounds like he lived the way we all should. Enjoy every day and everything you do, even when it isn’t easy. I consider myself lucky to interact with guys like your dad when I am doing my job. It makes my job rewarding.

Top Bottom