How was the bite this weekend?

MaineTuna

Ensign
awful lot of views and not a single positive response... it don't bode well for us. I personally haven't heard of any of my buds catching anything.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
MaineTuna said:
awful lot of views and not a single positive response... it don't bode well for us. I personally haven't heard of any of my buds catching anything.
what i have found is that we all have the same intrest on this sight....but when it comes to giants everyone is tight lipped....

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
fished georges mon to wed. Fishing was very slow tide was cranking 3.5 knots at times. We had one 77 inch fish. Heard it was also slow inshore with alot of blue dogs to deal with.

MaineTuna

Ensign
tunaorlater said:
fished georges mon to wed. Fishing was very slow tide was cranking 3.5 knots at times. We had one 77 inch fish. Heard it was also slow inshore with alot of blue dogs to deal with.
Thanks for sharing :D its nice to hear some good info, makes you want to get out there all the more. Seems like things have flipped over because earlier in the season it was the opposite..tuna were in close 3 to 5 miles offshore and further out towards the ledges was where we were encountering the dog fish. What were you using for bait? What do you figure the 77"er weighed? any guesstimate? Here is a good one for you guys....I won't mention the forum but it was not this one.....earlier in the season after MANY MANY days of fishing we came upon a decent area..... so I trying to be a good egg about things and figuring its a huge ocean answered a post like this one here and gave a NON-specific but general area to fish and man o' man did the scales fly. I had people telling/posting me...me who used fish for a living, that I was a S.O.B. who hung on others tails and "STOLE" their hard earned commercial fishing area and was blabbing it...WTF!!!!! I spent much $$$$ and countless hours of my experience and only gave a port to pull out of and a general direction to head.. not much more really and was treated like dirt, hence the reason for me coming in here and checking it-Down East Forum-out as I don't want to associate with guys who are that arrogant and self centered. I have my Federal & State Lic. and if I choose to share and help fellow fishermen out..especially guys who work all week and then want to take their kids out to get them interested in fishing instead of drugs & alcohol I figure it my info to share. Anyway sorry for the rant and thank you for sharing tunaorlater.

JasonD

Lieutenant Commander
I heard of people having the same blue dog problem, Tuna were there but good luck getting a herring or pogie to them

MaineTuna

Ensign
Yeah once the blue dogs start hitting your best off pulling up anchor and finding another spot

Bassin

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Maritime Skiff
Last weekend i heard of 6 hook ups 2 fish being caught one 800 lbs and one 84 inch, all in the bay

Top Bottom