Howard Pickerell 24'

seahaven

Commander
Boat Make
1984 Sisu 22
I have seen this boat particular boat advertised all over- they just dropped the price on it to 12,000. Is anyone familiar with Pickerell's designs? The pictures are all of it in the water- I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of hulls he designs.

Thanks,
Michael

24-ft DOWNEAST POWERBOAT

00J0J_8lmtfB7weCa_600x450.jpg

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I know that they are F/G over Plywood. Many commercial fisherman used to use them in the bays around Long Island, N.Y. Hard chine, made on Long Island, I can't remember where. Certainly suitable for inshore uses.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
I had a 20 ft. Pickerell Garvey that I used to dig out of. Basically a flat bottom design that was stable and fast for the inshore bays. It was fiberglass over ply construction. It was a good boat but I am not sure of the longevity of the hull based on construction and care, you would need to take a good look at it just with any hull.

mtl

Ensign
I have owned the 32ft model for 10 years and love the boat. From the looks, the 26 is a scaled down version (or the 32 was made after).
I can only address the 32 that I own and it is a tank. Glass over plywood and if you are serious, have the boat pulled and go over w/ a moisture meter. I run a shop vac into the bilge to collect all water as the inside is bare plywood except for the fwd V berth.
Mine is a super stable boat and will drift better than any boat I have encountered.

P4130012.jpg

P4130013.jpg

Top Bottom