Hurricane

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
So what are people doing for this hurricane that is coming up? Very interesting storm track to say the least... Anyone hauling LI area or what?

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Marina is forcing me to haul out:mad:. Insurance will pick up most of the tab, but I'll still have to fork over $500 to be put back in afterwards. I try to tell them "but, you don't understand, this is a downeast hull, I'll ride it out", but they're only concerned about damage to their dock...

MBILL

Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy&Duffy
I'm gonna make my decision later today after seeing the next storm update.
I stayed in for Irene last year and was ok but the surge was at the limit of what I think could be handled.
The boats that stayed in for Irene where I am had no damage but we rode the poles almost to the top. Going over the top would change the situation big time.
Tuesday morning will be a high tide with a full moon. If Sandy hits hard at that time it will be a mess here.

I'm leaning towards pulling the boat out for this one.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Def. Not hauling out. Whether i run for a sheltered harbor and set the hook to ride it out ir not, will be determined by sunday. At a dock, the high tides and surge would be a problem.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I'm gonna make my decision later today after seeing the next storm update.
I stayed in for Irene last year and was ok but the surge was at the limit of what I think could be handled.
The boats that stayed in for Irene where I am had no damage but we rode the poles almost to the top. Going over the top would change the situation big time.
Tuesday morning will be a high tide with a full moon. If Sandy hits hard at that time it will be a mess here.

I'm leaning towards pulling the boat out for this one.

New QSC540 in the Duffy,
Looks like you are in a direct hit, most likely a storm like NOTHING your area has ever seen.

Insurance should pick up 50% of the tab.

I'd get her out!

JMO

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
I've been telling anyone who will listen (which is mostly nobody) that GFDL is the most accurate computer model, and the 8AM run has it going directly over DC. I think this thing is going further south than the experts think.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Traps come out tomorrow morning, Boat tomorrow afternoon, dock float Sunday morning.

Last edited:

OLD BAY

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Shelter Island 38
Last edited:

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Mdi45: My advice bring plenty of bad movies, alot of food and set the gps alarms. Besides lack of sleep its not that bad. During irene i had to move twice with the storm(wind shifts). During the day i went for joy rides just to break up the day.

Top Bottom