Hydraulic hoses

Regina E

Commander
Website
www.reginaesportfishing.com
Boat Make
35 Duffy #300
I remember seeing on here there is an online hydraulic hose maker recommended by members here. Would anyone be kind enough to post the site again?

I'd rather not get hosed ( yuk yuk) locally like I did the last time.

Thanks

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
There is a company Master mechanic from Boats and Harbors(yellow Sheet) that has better pricing 1800 877-8350

phil

Lieutenant
Might want to try Deerpark Hydraulic in Deerpark Long Island. Had hoses made there and my steering ram rebuilt by them . Fair prices, I thought.
Phil

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
I would also look at Bailey Hydraulics bailey net.com and Mcmaster Carr Mcmaster.com. No one is ever the best deal on everything.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Yeah, go to a local shop and look at what the final price is... Its crazy sometimes. My mind gets blown how I can make up a hose for $10 online and then pay $45 in the store. Oh yeah, its either the fittings are cheap and hose is expensive or vice versa. I've been using this place and been very happy. I know what I'm getting into and what I get.

Discount Hydraulic Hose

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Local prices for hydraulic hoses are insane where I am. It's got to be better away from the coast. Probably the farther inland the better.

Regina E

Commander
Website
www.reginaesportfishing.com
Boat Make
35 Duffy #300
Thanks for the replies.
I want to use stainless parts for this set due to them going to a bandit and I'm sure they will get plenty of spray.
Dont want rust stains on the boat either.
I'll try the discount place, hopefully they have stainless quick disconnects too.

captcod

Lieutenant
i wouldnt be overly concerned with getting stainless. i would just be sure to wrap all ends with petro wrap. it is like a wax infused duct tape that seals em up and when you take them apart years later your regualr fittings look like new.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Capt Cod is 100 percent correct about petro tape...I have taken it off hoses ..after years of abuse and they are like new

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Petro tape is great stuff but if exposed to saltwater & rain it will sort of wash off after awhile so used to cover all my fittings after i petrotaped them with a piece of rubber or old raingear to keep the spray/rain off the petro tape.

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
I used to build machines for the saw mill and planer mill industry and have used hundreds of fittings from Discount Hydraulic hose. The are OK at best and are Chinese made fittings with Piss poor yellow zinc that will rust in the box on the shelf.

I would strongly recommend going to a auth Parker shop and use Parker hose and fittings. It is worth the extra few bucks to get high quality USA stuff. They make a hose called tuff guard that has a vinyl coating over the rubber. Good shit in a caustic environment

If you see the guy crimp your hose then use a caliper to check the crimp after he crimps it, he is your hydro hose man.

Lion's Paw

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.divehatteras.com
Boat Make
42 Duffy
I second Kaiser on the Parker brand fittings and hoses. Especially with my high pressure breathing air hoses. They run 5000 psi working pressure and if not right can come apart dramatically. I have used other makers for some hoses and had failures. I know it may cost a bit more but on some things it is worth it to me.

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I would look to see if you have a Parker store near you. You pick out the hose and fittings and they make them up for you while you wait. I've been very satisfied with their product and price. Just make sure everything is rated for the fluid you are using and the working pressure.

captcod

Lieutenant
i have never ever seen petro tape do anything but exceed my expectations and never ever wash off. maybe your system was running to hot and you melted the wax out of it but like i said i have a very extensive above deck hydraulic system with 2 pl5s and a doak maine and all fittings have been wrapped for years and in the event we take them apart, it is amazing how good the fittings looks

Top Bottom