Hydraulic Steering

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I agree with MDI 45 about changing hydraulic oil. However I do change the filter every year.

But if you want to change oil, use type R & O Hydraulic Oil. Napa has it.

For the filter use LENZ. Call Hamilton Marine (800-639-2715) and they can get you the correct size LENZ filter for your system.

Del

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Webbers Cove
I am away from home and the manuals, but have a Capilano 1250V hydraulic steering system and do not recall a filter at all when I had the "opportunity" to repair & reroute the plumbing. Is the filter typically integral with the pump or added in-line to the plumbing?

Incidentally, bleeding the system afterwards was a time consuming pain, and a very messy lesson learned.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
I am away from home and the manuals, but have a Capilano 1250V hydraulic steering system and do not recall a filter at all when I had the "opportunity" to repair & reroute the plumbing. Is the filter typically integral with the pump or added in-line to the plumbing?

Incidentally, bleeding the system afterwards was a time consuming pain, and a very messy lesson learned.

Power steering, not a Capilano helm.
Probably additional hydraulics too, like a thruster or hauler, net reel, etc

Del

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Webbers Cove
Power steering, not a Capilano helm.
Probably additional hydraulics too, like a thruster or hauler, net reel, etc
Ahhh... yes, totally different animal. Last summer I was in the engine room of 50+ Nordic with a hydraulic steering and thrusters system -- impressive!

Top Bottom