Interlux perfection quarts

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Since I'm not a fan of painting fiberglass, I don't know the costs involved with painting.....Well I probably can't keep up with costs of anything but that's besides the point:D

Is this ebay paint a good price or the price you can get anywhere if you know where the good shops are.

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
I've purchased Interlux 1 part poly from Wholesale Marine...their price blows away Defender, Jamestown etc.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Bill,Iam thinking of painting my boat this fall.....do you know anyone who has used it....rolled and tipped

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Bill,Iam thinking of painting my boat this fall.....do you know anyone who has used it....rolled and tipped

I've seen it done and have some boats around mine that are painted . I have also seen come and gone boats in the harbor. Its easy. Specially if you work with your hands and already know about finish work. I have just never done painting boats.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
MDI, Ya I used this stuff on my midland. I used the gray color i think its called platinum..

I had never used 2 part paint before, I just followed the directions, watched every youtube video online and it came out great, no orange peel, no runs.. I tried the tipping, i found the best way to use it is to use the short nap west systems roller and have another "dry" one in your other hand, roll the shit on and barely go over it with the dry roller, youd never know it wasnt sprayed..also use the reccomended brushing thinner and the primer. sand in between coats..

here is jamestown price, I am buying mine now from wholesaleMarine for my tjason before this price goes up.

Interlux Perfection Two Part Polyurethane Gloss Finish

photo%203fnew.jpg

photo%202fnew.jpg

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
also if you saw the shipping cost, it takes it off once you add to your shopping cart

untitled.JPG

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
A buddy of mine has a neat little 22 Eastern full keel lobster layout boat with a small Yanmar in her.

The hull is "green" and was fading pretty bad.

He and his wife did the the roll and tip Interlux Perfection "green" paint job.

The boat came out absolutely great !!! Looked like an Awlgrip spray paint job.

November Rain

Commander
Website
www.novemberraincharters.com
Boat Make
43' Lowell
Hey Mike, we painted our 21ft Ken Craft with perfection flag blue after the storm. Its in bay park if you want to take a look at it. It's not bad to work with but doing it outside can be a pain in the ass. Having the perfect conditions can be challenging. One of our coats when on great and the next day was all blotchy.

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
Rolled and tipped my wheelehouse, easy to work with and looks great.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I never used a 2 part paint the first time I used Interlux Perfection. I ended up doing a fighting chair with it and a couple tackle stations. It was really easy to do, like it says its for an amatuer.

What does get me wondering, is how hard is it to repair, matching up scratches? I have to redo my boat this year and not looking forward to it...

Has anyone repaired Interlux Perfection, that is the part that worries me with so many other non gelcoat type paints...

BunkerMan

Commander
Paint

MDI I used it to paint my 21 privateer fighting lady yellow. Excellent product I would say easy to use if you take your time and don't rush. I put three coats on wet sanding In between and got great results. I would recommend using the interlux solvent that helps the paint lay down and will provide a better result.

image.jpg

Top Bottom