Internet on the boat

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
If you usually fish in a spot where you have good or any cell phone reception you can turn your iphone into a wifi hot spot using this app "mywi"..Basically it just uses your cell phone signal as a modem.. all wireless..I have it on my phone and it works flawlessly when I need to use my laptop with no internet connection.. its a 1 time $19.99 fee but its worth it..here is the place to download it

MyWi 5.0 - iPhone® WiFi Tethering and iPad®

Mike28

Commander
Boat Make
Parker 2320dvsc
Good info! Ive been using the hot spot through verizon when needed but they charge you 20$ a month. One time fee of 19 is great! Thanks for posting that

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Ya They used to let you tether your phone right to your laptop and use it's signal until they invented the wireless cards that cost 60$/month with a 2 year contract .. This $20 that you spend on this just uses your data plan from your phone and I don't know about you but mine is unlimited so it's really just a one time $20 expense for me..give it a shot it's a really simple app

greg

Captain
Just realize you need to jailbreak your phone. Not the end of the world, but you could become a brick at any time apple figures it out.

Door#3

Lieutenant
EzTether

I use EasyTether on my Verizon Andriod phone. One time cost of $10 and no Verizon cost at all. I'm on my 2nd phone with the same $10 license.

Top Bottom