Intro and name that boat

KPM

Ensign
Hello all. I am a midwest guy that grew up spending my summers out in Maine. I now take my family out to our family cottage as much as possible and am fascinated with the DE boats. Having grown up in Peoria, my dream boat would be a DE that is capable of doing the great loop and CAT powered. Now, this is a boat (Alexandria) in a harbor near us, Round Pond and I was wondering if anyone could guess the builder, as it sure is a good looking boat.

Thanks,

Kevin

Picture 4.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
That is a Wayne Beal 40. Looks like number one out of the mold. Hull laid up in '97 boat finished off in '98. Just in time for that ice storm we had!

Vessel Name: ALEXANDRIA USCG Doc. No.: 1063377 Vessel Service: COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSEL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Fishery Call Sign: WCY2178 Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: WYB40001J797 Ship Builder: FARRIN'S BOATSHOP Year Built: 1998

Length (ft.): 40.2 Hailing Port: ROUND POND ME Hull Depth (ft.): 5.7 Owner: PETER H POLAND
LOWER ROUND POND ROAD PO BOX 138
ROUND POND, ME 04564 Hull Breadth (ft.): 15.3 Gross Tonnage: 23 Net Tonnage: 18 Documentation Issuance Date: March 19, 2013 Documentation Expiration Date: April 30, 2014 Previous Vessel Names: No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners: PETER H POLAND

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Hey Travis I can appreciate that you want to help out, but do you think the owner might not want his name and address across the internet.......just saying.;)

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I would guess Travis gets the info from the USCG website that is available to the public. Also, every county in Maine has a "public listing" of registered boats.

IMO no different than going in to your local town assessor's office and seeing what you neighbor paid in taxes on his house. :D

No harm no foul.

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I know where he gets the info from guys.Its just every time that is post on a forum it makes it easier to find on a google search. Posting the name and make is cool I'm just talking about the owners info. It can lead to problems on forums , maybe not this one but in general I don't think it's a good idea. I know I wouldn't like it.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I was only thinking about how it takes all the fun out of guessing, with guys like Travis around lol

KPM

Ensign
Wow thanks guys. El mar I just read your skiff thread. I spent a few different days on the ocean in one of those.

Kevin

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Only thing the NOAA website is missing - is that it'd be real cool if we knew how much these owners had into it. Cut out those brokers - except for that one on here, he seems to know what he's talking about.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I know where he gets the info from guys.Its just every time that is post on a forum it makes it easier to find on a google search. Posting the name and make is cool I'm just talking about the owners info. It can lead to problems on forums , maybe not this one but in general I don't think it's a good idea. I know I wouldn't like it.

I've been thinking the same thing about all that info that gets posted. I think blocking out the owners name and address would just be the right thing to do. Yeah its the interwebs but if someone wants to know that info let them figure out how to find it. Too much private info out there already.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Only thing the NOAA website is missing - is that it'd be real cool if we knew how much these owners had into it. Cut out those brokers - except for that one on here, he seems to know what he's talking about.

It shouldn't be anyone's business what someone has into a boat or anything for that matter !!! Next you'll want a ap to look in people's wallets !! I think its very rude when strangers ask "what did you pay for that ". Its like a old fish buyer used to say when another buyer asked him who he was selling fish to "does Walmart tell Kmart" was his answer.

Sorry for the hijacks guys !!

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
Roger that Bosman. Larry Bussy from NE Yachts was very helpful in the acquisition of my 32 BHM. He even found her out west for me. He is knowledgable of DE boats, and a great guy to work with. He did everything I asked him to do for me and then some, in a very professional manner as well. Hope to meet him someday.

Top Bottom