Introduction: Westbrook

Westbrook

Ensign
Boat Make
Albury Bros 23 CC', Maritime Skiff 18
Howdy gang, as a long time lurker I'd like to say Thanks to everybody who has added value and input here because it's been an educational and fun forum for myself and many other lurkers I'm sure.

Registered to finally be able to see the pics and also to better mobilize my ability to network and expand my understanding of these boats.

I currently run a 23' Albury in Long Island Sound. I slip in Westbrook and my primary boat use is fishing. I have three children and my boat math changed. The grandparents live in Block and making this run (~40nm) in my Albury is a mixed bag - and definitely a downer in the kiddie department. So, without a lengthy essay on all the variables, I'll be looking to get into a DE w/in the next couple years (1-3).

Well so more will come I'm sure, just popping in for the typical intro for now, thanks again!

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Westbrook

Ensign
Boat Make
Been in grove beach 3 yrs, boat is in north yard but at my domicile not their docks.

Last edited:

toolmaker

Commander
Westbrook Downeast Boat

Hello Westbrook:

My name is Captain Jay Mulligan and I fish out of Westbrook. I have seen your Albury at Tom Lee's boat house. The last three years I was fishing in a 26 x 10 wide bright white CC with a 300 HP 30 in shaft ETEC, and before that a blue North Coast, a black Contender and a Albemarle named Toolmaker. Giving you that history to see if you can connect the dots and ID me. Anyway I just purchased a 28 Nauset which is the old Royal Lowell designed Harris 28. I bought it from the original woman owner who had her built in 2001. She has a 220 Cummins with only 1400 hours and in 2014 she will be on the Pilots Point U dock just up the river from you. To make a long story short my plan is to run this boat for the 2014 season then enter into contract to have a big downeaster made to my specs and sell the Nauset. It would be a great boat for a young family and you can run her to Block at 2000 RPM @ 14 knots and burn less than 5 gph in any sea condition. I am in Scottsdale AZ for the winter and will return to my Westbrook beach house in early May and we will start fishing Memorial Day weekend. I would be pleased to show you this great boat next season and we could go fishing. Just ask Tom Lee what my boats are all about and the name Toolmaker says it all.

Thanks, Captain Jay Mulligan
global cell 413-579-7525

welcome

Is that your Albury that has been advertised in various publication. I am the builder of the Gurnet Point 25 but like the looks of your boat. Any way welcome to the forum

Westbrook

Ensign
Boat Make
Hello Westbrook:

My name is ..

Hi Jay, thanks for reaching out. I'm Tom's kiddo, eldest son Nathan. We've probably met before but you must excuse my poor memory as I'm not tying your name to your face. I'm sure we will cross paths in a few months!

Thanks,
- Nate

toolmaker

Commander
Nate:

thx for the note and now I am connecting the dots. your dad and I talk boats and business every time we meet up, usually at the PPM fuel dock. I have had dozens of boats at PPM since 1973 and I too was in the aero-defense, nuke and med biz forever and have always appreciated every aspect of your company and its history. Please tell your dad I got myself a Royal Lowell designed Nauset built 28 foot downeaster and it will be on U dock next season. I have loaned Leighton a few old Starrett tools for the museum that were give to me by Mr. D.R. Starrett. I am in Scottsdale, AZ for the winter--see you next summer when the snow melts in Westbrook. Jay

Top Bottom