Is there any good New England inshore saltwater fishing to be had between now and May?

MAArcher

Captain
Smelt. There is/was an early squid run. Hake can be found inshore in winter. Good tide cycle rn for wild shellfish. Mussels are abundant. There should be some cod around but you cant keep em. If you can get into a little deeper water you should be able to find most groundfish species, not in abundance but there should be some fish around. When I used to comm rod and reel for cod in the winter we didnt have to go far to find some truly huge fish.
I just want to apologize for my behavior if anyone else was at James Eddy's this past Saturday night. I've hardly been out of the house all winter. Fishing was a little slow and my little brother brought along a bucket of fireball shots.

Now that I've recovered I'm looking forward to some fried smelt for supper though.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I just want to apologize for my behavior if anyone else was at James Eddy's this past Saturday night. I've hardly been out of the house all winter. Fishing was a little slow and my little brother brought along a bucket of fireball shots.

Now that I've recovered I'm looking forward to some fried smelt for supper though.
I think most would agree that a big part of smelt'n is getting a little rowdy. I have some venison thawing out and some beer bottled for this friday night! Woooo!

Top Bottom