ISO 30-37 ft tuna boat

Sidewinder Trevor

Lieutenant
First Name
Trevor
Thanks for the response I’m obviously new to the big boat thing coming from a 22 ft center, what is the reasoning for not wanting twins I would think it would be easier to spin it when you are fighting a fish?

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Sidewinder Trevor

Lieutenant
First Name
Trevor
Why not look at a sport fish type boats if you want to have twins. You’ll get way more boat for your money.
I might be going to look at a 28ft Carolina classic in a couple days but I would rather have a downeast I thought more of them had twins so that’s why I mentioned it. Single motor is fine

First Name
Henry
Thanks for the response I’m obviously new to the big boat thing coming from a 22 ft center, what is the reasoning for not wanting twins I would think it would be easier to spin it when you are fighting a fish?
Less props in the water when you are fishing, less maintenance, and much more reasons.

Pcollinsmma97

Ensign
Website
www.falmouthfamilycharters.com
First Name
Peter
Boat Make
28 Albemarle, 18 Ladybug, 20 Novi skiff
No its not. Not even close….but he’s looking for twin screw and said he was looking at a Carolina Classic so I thought I’d throw it out there…….
Captain obvious would say NOT so similar to a Duffy......
Obviously! Not even close. But it had been suggested to look at SF and he said he might go look at a Carolina Classic so I figured I’d throw it out there.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Buy my 25GM for $25k, repower it with that 300 yanmar in the for sale section(13k), rip the deck up and move the fuel tank from the transom to under the deck(5k-ish), spend another 10k-ish on a new wheel, updated running gear, finishing touches and you’d have a hell of a platform for under 70k. That’s what I’d do anyway if I had the money.

Sidewinder Trevor

Lieutenant
First Name
Trevor
Buy my 25GM for $25k, repower it with that 300 yanmar in the for sale section(13k), rip the deck up and move the fuel tank from the transom to under the deck(5k-ish), spend another 10k-ish on a new wheel, updated running gear, finishing touches and you’d have a hell of a platform for under 70k. That’s what I’d do anyway if I had the money.
I’ll pm you

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
Lots of sportfish boats around that will fish coastal maine really well for way less than downeast boats seem to demand.

What about starting off with a 28 bertram? Once you get the itch to go bigger there are always bigger bertrams, hatteras, vikings, oceans, etc.

Sidewinder Trevor

Lieutenant
First Name
Trevor
Lots of sportfish boats around that will fish coastal maine really well for way less than downeast boats seem to demand.

What about starting off with a 28 bertram? Once you get the itch to go bigger there are always bigger bertrams, hatteras, vikings, oceans, etc.
I plan on going atleast 30 foot unless I find a nice 28

Top Bottom