ISO Perkins Part

chrisc13

Ensign
I am looking for the exhaust pipe and collector off a Perkins T6.354. Mine has a hole in it that I have patched and works fine but I would like to get a good one. Pictures of the part I need are attached. Thanks 26C6F83F-5B61-4F54-B0FE-75CD7ECA289F.jpeg 03B4140A-F672-47EA-B6F8-A2F0667A47A9.jpeg

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
If that is installed like I think it is...it's a bad design. I could be wrong :)

You are probably better off doing some reading on Seaboard marine site regarding exhaust design. Water jacket designs like this are doomed to fail. Failing to the inside is the big problem. Having something fabricated by someone that knows marine wet exhaust systems (in the minority) is also a possibility.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Genius is right. Water jacketed riser elbows are predestined to let water into your engine. UNLESS, they empty out each time you shut down. To do this the lowest point on them must be above the waterline. Then, in your case where the water inlet is at the lowest point on the elbow, just tee or weld in a 3/8" ID drain line. Mine goes out through a thruhull right at the painted waterline and I can see it from the helm making it a telltale for water flow as a bonus. If your elbow fails while running, you are going to be warned by a contrail of steam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom