Isuzu Turbo Rebuild

F/V Christina Marie

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Ernest Poland
Just took my turbo off. All gummed up on the exhaust side and barley spinning. Need to send it out for a rebuild. Anyone know who does turbos around the south shore of MA? Thanks for any suggestions.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
Just a word of warning. I understand there have been turbo's that are Chinese knockoff's, with brand names and the correct part numbers on them, showing up on places like Ebay being sold by people that you will never hear back from after the sale. They either don't work right out of the box, or they don't last long. So, "let the buyer beware".

F/V Christina Marie

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Ernest Poland
Thanks for the info. I would rather not have to replace it at $2500. I called pure turbos they said it would be around $700 to rebuild it.

F/V Christina Marie

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Ernest Poland
WoundUpMarine

Thanks for the info for Pure turbos just got it back, real nice work. Was wondering if you remember putting on your turbo gasket? There is a felt side and a steel side. Do you know witch side goes tward the turbo?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Honestly U don't really need the gasket at all. Make sure both faced are clean and even and use red or copper RTV ( I prefer copper) apply and let it tack up for a bit then mount and run them down even.

Top Bottom