Ivy Rose Northwest Harbour MDI

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Bay Pointe Marina, Savin Hill YC, Milton YC
Boat Make
1986 Hatteras 36 Yanmar 370s & 1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited with 25 Mercury 4S
Ivy Rose in Northwest Harbour Mount Desert Isle Maine....

1958 Wooden Fishing Vessel Converted to Liveaboard/Cruiser Power Boat For Sale -

I have a buddy very interested in looking at this boat. Does anybody here know it personally? I know its a project but he has knowledge, tools, and wherewithal to tackle something like this...its a small world so thought I might check here first, it's a bit of a drive to the MDI from the BOS.

Thanks in advance.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
1986 Hatteras 36 Yanmar 370s & 1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited with 25 Mercury 4S
Buddy bought it Saturday...its a project but with very good bones...crow's nest, a mast/boom to bring the tender with you....heat, central air, almost new Isuzu generator and inverter....

671 Detroit.

Bringing back in a few weeks or so from MDI to Mattapoisett.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Buddy bought it Saturday...its a project but with very good bones...crow's nest, a mast/boom to bring the tender with you....heat, central air, almost new Isuzu generator and inverter....

671 Detroit.

Bringing back in a few weeks or so from MDI to Mattapoisett.
Tell your buddy good luck......the boat seems to be in good shape for its age

Cataumet42

Ensign
Ivy Rose in Northwest Harbour Mount Desert Isle Maine....

1958 Wooden Fishing Vessel Converted to Liveaboard/Cruiser Power Boat For Sale -

I have a buddy very interested in looking at this boat. Does anybody here know it personally? I know its a project but he has knowledge, tools, and wherewithal to tackle something like this...its a small world so thought I might check here first, it's a bit of a drive to the MDI from the BOS.

Thanks in advance.
We purchased this boat from the owner who purchased it when you inquired several years ago. Since this post there has been substantial work to the cabin by the previous owner. We recently had the boat hauled by our local boat yard where they did substantial work to improve her bottom and through hulls. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, we need to let her go. Invested $6,300 in repairs. Make us an offer.. Happy to send photos. If you or your friend are interested please email [email protected] or call 508-944-4769.

Last edited:

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
I know this boat and know it well. It was my friend's. He had bought it and apparently sold it to the new member above. He lived on it from July of 2012 until about a month ago. Sorry to see the new owner's plans have changed. It's a good boat. Curious to know what the story is.

It was green (hence the name, Ivy Rose).

DotRat

Captain
Boat Make
Row Boat
This is the email from the present owner:

Ivy Rose has been in our mooring field for 7 years. It was a live aboard for a young man in town. His reason for selling - he recently purchased a new boat. We purchased the boat in August and hoped to use her as a summer cottage on our mooring. Unfortunately, due to my husbands health, we are finding that this is causing too much stress for him and best to find another good home.

What I can tell you about the boat is that - since our recent improvements to the hull - she takes on very little water. At last timed the automatic bilge goes off once every 12 hours after it reaches the float which is appox. 3 inches off the bottom of the hull.

The only real issue - which is common for a Detroit diesel - is that it leaks oil. This is managed by using sorbes. So far us this has not been an issue.

Solar panels run everything on the mooring including the tv.

This is all I can tell you at this point. Feel free to call or email and pass on to any other interested parties.

Thank you.

DotRat

Captain
Boat Make
Row Boat
List of Recent work from present owner

This is a list of recent improvements by Parker's Boat Yard

Reef out both garboard panks to remove old slick seam. Caulk both garboard planks with cotton and ply with seem compound. Reed our slick seam from other areas on both sides of the vessel and install cotton fill with seam compound. Check over the bottom of the vessel and fill seams with compound where needed. 20 hours labor.

Remove rotten wood in the area of the port chain plate. Install nails in planking to hold the filler. Fill the area with epoxy and cabosil mix; cover with peel ply. Sand and fair repair. 5 hours

Break free frozen packing nut on the propeller shaft stuffing box; tighten nut. Disconnect the steering and remove the rudder packing box; sand blas, repack and install. Make-up a new key and re-connect the steering. Cut away the wood that interfered with the movement of the rudder. Install a sister piece to reinforce the cut piece. 3.5 hours

Remove the hull sea strainer on the engine intake seacock. Remove the old deteriorated valve and thru-hull. Cut out the 1 1/2" seacock and thru hull for the holding tank. Supply and install a new seacock and thru hull for the engine intake. Fabricate a butt block and install in the vessel. Replace the hull strainer and replace the hose barb on top of the valve; connect the hose. Purchase and install a new 2 1/2" thru hull and cap. Remove the plumbing from the of of three other seacocks; plug and cap as required to prevent accidental opening

Cataumet42

Ensign
I know this boat and know it well. It was my friend's. He had bought it and apparently sold it to the new member above. He lived on it from July of 2012 until about a month ago. Sorry to see the new owner's plans have changed. It's a good boat. Curious to know what the story is.

It was green (hence the name, Ivy Rose).

Health issues have forced us to let her go. Very unpredicted and unfortunate.

Top Bottom