Jarvis Newman 12 Skiff outboard options?

Wecato

Lieutenant
Well, I ended up with a 5hp Honda for cheap and it works out pretty well as long as I have someone sitting forward. I appreciate everyone's input. I'm pretty new to all of this and I'm grateful to have the forum to ask questions.
Here's a picture of the first little trip with the family.

View attachment 83031
Hello, im looking at Newman 12 as a tender to my larger boat. how stable are they? Particularly when getting in and out of it? How does she run with the 5hp, approx speed? in a pinch can you fit 5 or 6 people for short trip to dock ? does she ride well with 4 adults?

Wecato

Lieutenant
I have a 12' Newman skiff in RI. I am going to put a fresh coat of paint on the hull and advertise it this week. If anyone is interested you can call. 401-258-6055. Thanks.
Is the skiff still available ?

eglicomet

Lieutenant Commander
Hello, im looking at Newman 12 as a tender to my larger boat. how stable are they? Particularly when getting in and out of it? How does she run with the 5hp, approx speed? in a pinch can you fit 5 or 6 people for short trip to dock ? does she ride well with 4 adults?
So I have a wife and two young kids. and it was fine for very inshore waters but very slow. I wouldn't want to take a wake on the broadside, that's for sure. It would probably do much better with a lightweight 2.5hp as the 5hp was too heavy without a person in the bow. It's really a fantastic row boat, though. And so pretty. I sold it to a very nice fellow in DC who is using it for a tender for his Morris Justine with his wife. I believe he is only rowing it.

Top Bottom