JC info ?

Whiteowl

Ensign
I have a lead on a early 2000's 28" JC pilot house with single diesel. I would like to know if the hull in this boat is cored or solid. I did not think that any of the Downeast (around here we call them lobster boats) hulls were cored but I recently found out differently. I have not found much info on the web so I thought some of you guys might know. Any thoughts or info on the JC would be much appreciated.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
J.C.never made a 28....maybe Eastern 27.....what year is it and do you have a picture

Last edited:

Whiteowl

Ensign
I was told about the JC yesterday and I have not seen the boat as yet. So no pics and only second hand info. The friend who told me about the boat is getting the contact info so I hope to have more info this weekend. I was told it was a 2001 or 2002 28 with a yanmar and a pilot house but that is second hand at this point. I am aware that Eastern took over some of the JC molds but I don't know when that occurred. I have reservations about a cored hull. I know there are some nice boats that are cored and have done well. I looked at an Albin 26 last year that was partially cored. It is just something that would affect how I looked at the boat.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Jc did have a 27' downeaster. Then privateer bought the mold and made a few of these boat. I mean very few. That was back in the early 90's. What happend from there not sure.

If you do go look at the boat make sure you photograph the hull number on the transom. Privateer built the 27' jc mold as solid fiberglass.

Hope this helps

31jcptown

Commander
Boat Make
91 31 JC P-Town
JC

Being a JC owner and when I say JC i mean a JC not an Eastern... I dont reallty like how eastern built these boats. I will tell you they may hold the JC name but no way schould they be compared. I have some friends that have easterns and like them but I feel the original JC are a better built boat just MHO....

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Huh! I own a jc and saw a new 35 eastern and was kinda impressed with it. I didnt get to go deep into the boat so that means nothing. And im also not complaining about my 35jc. Love the boat and treats me very well.

31jcptown

Commander
Boat Make
91 31 JC P-Town
Eastern

Well Two I know of one the hull completely delaminated from the core another eastern i know is a 27 that is a bay boat is completly falling apart braces under covering boards are cracked and delaminating as well and that ones less than 6 years old...........IMHO CHEAP............

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
That suck! Makes me feel alot better about my jc. Its happens alot when a new manufacturer takes over another's molds

sevenjohn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
novi
JC did make a 27' the layup of the hull depended on what the buyer specified in the build.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
In 2000s I believe Skips Marine was making the JC line with Jack Cadiro Jr. They did make a pilot boat model which I did see during the build. But I am not sure of the size. JC towards the end did make some one of a kinds. My buddy has a one of a kind 33 JC. So a 28 is possible. I will support that the original JC line was a better fit than other builders. JC kept his boat low & sleek and built like a tank.

mudhake

Captain
The original J.C was advertised as a 26ft. A smaller version of the 31.

mudhake

Captain
The original 26 was a smaller version of the 31. Tommy Hill Has one of the original Jc 26s. A friend of mine has one in Newburyport that is 25years old that has a 210 cummins in it and has fished for everything in the fisherery, and has caucht a shitload of tuna fish.

cptnpete

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff/Webbers Cove 40, Forest Johnson Prowler 32 (for sale)
Jc 40

We looked at this JC 40 over a year ago but it was more than we were willing to take on at the time. Wonder whatever became of her. Hope she found a good home. Never saw a Lowell design that wasn't a beautiful hull.

IMG_0107.jpg

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Tommy has fished that 26 in all kinds of weather hauling gillnets and has put all kinds of wieght on that small boat I have seen that boat with 3000 lbs of cod and polick and the net lifter and Penn's setting bar have to be a nother 1000lbs so 4000 lbs on a 26 is a thing of beauty IMO great boats

cptnpete

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff/Webbers Cove 40, Forest Johnson Prowler 32 (for sale)
It was about 13K a year ago last November. this supposedly had a 350hp cat with low hours. but it was a bit of a mess. i have lots of pics

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Top Bottom