JEEPERS UNITE!

DotRat

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Row Boat
you selling that willy's? I always loved those jeeps! ps my like is only for the willy's! haha

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Dyer29HoldFast

Lieutenant Commander
I may end up keeping it. IDK. I ve had 2 years and haven't driven it more than 100 miles. It's in great shape for an 88.
So far I've cleaned the engine up which looks like it's never been done.
Replaced the power steering pump w/ reservoir.
Waterpump just for the hell of it. Was already there.
Cleaned up all the mounts/brackets and painted them gold for the base coat then gloss gunmetal. Came out with I nice color/effect. Should have done the valve cover....
New belt
Rough country 3in lift
New isolator bushings
New sway bar bushings
Haven't done the rear because I'd like to get new leaf springs for the add a leaf.
Refinished my wheels. Gunmetal
Stripped the bench seat and carpet.
Drivers side floorboard was rotten with rust.
Passenger seat wasn't too bad. Couple holes I ended using fiberglass
Thinking of going composite with the drivers side.
Purchased a 99 Cherokee header panel. Came with led headlights

I want to find a rhd Cherokee and do a firewall and steering rack conversion

I know I'll end up regret selling if I do.

Dave588

Lieutenant Commander
My oldest has a 1978 cj5. Olive drab green. Has a steel hardtop. But no doors. He is interested in a canvas top. Any tops better than others?

DotRat

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Row Boat
Bestop is pretty nice but probably on the high end of the price scale. It's worth it! The chinese stuff just does not last.

OLD BAY

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Shelter Island 38

Cool Boat

Commander
I figured if we had a trucks thread, we mine as well have a Jeep thread. I know Jerry has one, and a few other guys have mentioned theirs as well. I'm currently on my 3rd. First one was a 1995 white Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33" tires, 4.10 gears with a lock-rite in the back. It was a beast, had all kinds of fun with it until it rotted out from under me. Next one was a 1996 red Cherokee from florida, 2 wheel drive. I took the entire drive line from the white one and turned the red one into 4wd. I added a 6.5" long arm kit and ended up trading it for a Yamaha 4 wheeler. I loved it but had moved more into boating at that time and the Jeep was just being neglected(not enough money for both) and I hate seeing things sit. Many years go buy and I find a deal on an unknown year CJ with a YJ tub on it. I got it for a grand with a blown engine, but the frame and body were mint. Found an engine for 250 bucks on CL, 100 dollar T4 transmission after I blew a gear in the T5, and a 300 dollar carburetor, it runs like a top!! Debating whether or not to sell it, but the wife says to keep it, so who am I to argue with that.

Post up your Jeeps, and any history behind them!
View attachment 94824 View attachment 94827 View attachment 94828 View attachment 94829 View attachment 94830 View attachment 94831
View attachment 94837
View attachment 94832 View attachment 94833 View attachment 94834
Great pics! Just a quick note that the early vintage T5 transmissions were prone to strip gears so they changed the ratio on the later boxes. You might be able to upgrade that spare box. I put a new T5 in my '81 CJ7 after one of my staff blew the T4.

Top Bottom