Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Last edited:

Cool Boat

Captain
Strip kind of like this? I wasn't even getting on it when the gear let go, just a bang and lost what ever gear it was, 1st or 2nd. Knock on wood, the T4 has be troublefree, which really is amazing as it was froze on with water in it when I got it. How much was a new T5? I wanted to swap over to the AX15, but I'm not going to get into swapping out my transfer case and all the associated stuff, so T4 or T5 will be it.
View attachment 104170 View attachment 104171
The new T5 was $1,400 wholesale in the late 80's. Wouldn't have any idea now. Maybe there is another option now too. This morning my 12 y/o grandson was over, I noted maybe it's time to get the 1959 CJ into the shop. He note that it needs to be a project unto itself! It is rough (body) with a capital R!

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Dear Customer.
I went and looked at your boat and found the issue to be dirty fuel filters. Once I changed them you had no running issues. None the less I believe that it is time to pull the 4LHA out and repower. To help with the burden of the cost I will take it upon myself to dispose of your engine for you into my Jeep. Don’t worry about the inconvenience to me hopefully my sacrifice will help you with the repower costs.
View attachment 112490
Great little motor as long as you don't mind making it SING!

Top Bottom