Jericho bay lobster skiff

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
Custom built Jericho bay lobster skiff
Thanks guys! Its just under 16 feet. The console is version #3. It took a while to get the console just right I built two more conventional looking consoles but they just seemed to big and bulky took up a lot of room. The idea came from the old wooden lobster traps I saw one on end on the side of the road one day and that's how I came up with the idea. You cant stand and drive in it I would say its more of a hunch and drive while docking sort of thing. I am new to the forum thing and will get more pictures up when I figure out how to do it.

Spence

Commander
Very sweet lines and well built. Looks easily driven. I'm sure we'd all welcome some performance numbers.

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
20hp Honda runs in the mid to low 20's not a fast boat but you can get some where. Hull only weight is 420lbs. I am going to try some different props see what kid of numbers i Can get. F/V not sure who Ohara is?

image.jpg

Muscie

Commander
Boat Make
36 Flowers finished by Cape Island, 2014 ; 645 QSM11
Are you the builder? I'm looking for a 14' skiff for w/o console that could also be rowed. You can PM me if you like.

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
I did build it but am not a pro and do not produce the boat the plans are from wooden boat. I used full length clear western red cedar and all west system epoxy thru out.

OLD BAY

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Shelter Island 38

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
I had 6 gallons of epoxy and 11 tubes of six10. I got all of it at cost so I don't really know what real prices are for it. Mid 20s isn't a bad speed to watch the world go by at.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
beautiful job.
i've admired those skiffs ever since it appeared in wooden boat mag. jimmy steele design if i recall correctly.
that profile pic you posted is fantastic

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
I believe it's a Joel white design and jimmy Steele built the one they pulled the lines off of.

justntimex

Ensign
Boat Make
I could be wrong as well. So many boats its hard to keep them all straight.

Top Bottom