John Deere 4045TFM 135hp???

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
I am gonna be rebuilding a John Deere 4045TFM rated at 135 HP and putting it in my Webber Cove 26 to replace my gas 350. Does anyone have one of these engines in a similar boat??? Or in any boat at all?? And have some #s, and any other input on these engines?? I would like to hear from owners who have run them for a while. Any input will be appreciated.

pugsley

Captain
i have a fried with one in a 25' harkers island boat with 13k hours, not fast about 12 knts.

osprey47

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Joe
Boat Make
BHM 36 w/ Yanmar 6LYA-STE
Check the forums on boatdiesel.com. It might cost you a few bucks to join, but its worth it.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I am gonna be rebuilding a John Deere 4045TFM rated at 135 HP and putting it in my Webber Cove 26 to replace my gas 350. Does anyone have one of these engines in a similar boat??? Or in any boat at all?? And have some #s, and any other input on these engines?? I would like to hear from owners who have run them for a while. Any input will be appreciated.

I'll make a guess and say you'll NOT be running any faster than you do with the 350 gasser!;)

If you want to make a "best guess" determination on the speed with the Deere compared to the 350, post what you have for speeds now with the 350, what gear ratio , size prop and the speed at particular rpms.

With the 350 info you can compare the output rpms/torque of the Deere and what prop you can swing and get a ballpark number on your speeds.

You have to start with a "known base number"....what you have now.

FWIW, Bill D

sailboatssuck

Lieutenant
I was on a tugboat that had 2 of the 4045tfm for generators. Awesome motors. Still running great with over 26000 hrs on em.
To this day, they get started and stopped at 1800rpm. Other than routine maintenance, not a thing has been done to them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom