Judge 36

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
Not sure if this boat has been discussed here yet but it caught my eye. Not exactly a DE but close.
What do you guys think about this boat for use off Montauk. Boat has a single 425 cummins.

36 Bottom.jpg

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
Better off with a true downeast not a bay boat, it is nice looking though.

ifishmd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Judge 27 Chesapeake
I am not going to disclose where the hull derived from but the original hull was used for offshore commercial work before Bill modified the hull. This boat is not your typical Chesapeake Bay deadrise. They perform well offshore.

A buddy owns one from here in Maryland and runs it to cape cod for the summer and fishes all summer off shore with it. I can put you in touch with him if you would like.

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
The hull is the same as the 35 JC without the keel. Same mold used for both.

And iFishMD is the former (slippery) salesman for Judge.

ifishmd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Judge 27 Chesapeake
The hull is the same as the 35 JC without the keel. Same mold used for both.

And iFishMD is the former (slippery) salesman for Judge.

Snicker snicker. And Good Chance is very very clueless as his signature indicates. He only pretends on line to know what he is talking about.

The 36 hull was never derived from a JC hull (I probably dont even have to say that on a downeast forum as most here can tell by looking at it). The hull was derived from another mid-atlantic hull that was used fairly regularly for offshore commercial work and modified to allow the boat to run at modern speeds.

The 31 Judge was a JC hull with a keel modification that Bill built under the Eastern name for a while. The 32 Judge was a modified from the 31 JC hull but is quite different since the entire bottom was redone. (hence the Judge renaming the hull the 32 to differentiate). However the 36 is a different animal all together and my favorite hull that Bill builds. I wish I could afford one.

Last edited:

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
Yeah Greg - I can't keep it all straight. I firmly know that a 27 Judge is the same as a 27 Eastern (albeit small modifications); and I know that a 32 Judge is a 31 JC (without the keel); but where did the 36 Judge come from? I thought that Larry once told me it was the same as the 35 JC. Pictures of the 36 Judge and 35 JC reveal a lot of similarities.

Regardless, none of the Judge hulls is even remotely comparable (in terms of work capacity and sea-keeping ability) to a true downeast boat.

Last edited:

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
A 35 JC looks awfully similar to a 36 Judge in my eyes. Coupled with Larry's testimony ............ If it's not a JC, what is it?

35 JC1.jpg

35 JC2.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

ifishmd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Judge 27 Chesapeake
Bill did build one 35 JC in the past and decided he didnt like the hull. It is nothing like the Judge Yachts 36.

The 36 being discussed is formerly the Williams Marine 36 designed by a marine architect that designed many commercial shrimp boats and offshore boats whom I cannot remember the name. (if you went to the waterman shows in the region, you may know the name.. Symtec or something) Google Williams Marine 36 and I think you will see where Bill even announced his purchase of the molds years ago on another forum.

Here is a Williams Marine 36 commercial boat for sale out of Florida. (I know one sold out of Long Island last year as well as one out of California). http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4745065634.html

You can see Bill modified the bottom quite a bit by the out of water photo. The boat is my favorite boat Bill builds and performs extremely well. There are some Judge owners who run them offshore regularly.

The 27 hull is an old Royal Lowell designed hull where Bill made modifications. He added width to the beam and changed things like the chines and bottom some so the boat would run best with outboard power. (kind of like sailfish boats derived from Seacraft but are different boats).

Before you go there, His 42 is the old Jersey 42 mold with some mods so that the boat runs at modern speeds too. I would tell you the history of the 34 but you get the point.

Again, dont make up stuff. It makes you look silly. BTW, Who is Larry???

Last edited:

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for your research Greg - I was pretty sure that Bill Judge had used the 35 JC mold. Thanks for confirming this.

And asking "who is Larry" on the Downeastboat forum is pretty revealing, especially when discussing the JC line of boats. You need to do a bit more research. ;)

ifishmd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Judge 27 Chesapeake
I thought you were referring to Harry, Bill's sales guy, when you said Larry and just got it wrong, like your previous assertions.

I am confirming that the 36 Judge is not formerly a JC hull. ;)

Last edited:

juidgemaker

Ensign
Boat Make
Judge Yachts
The Judge 36 was originally a William Marine 36 built in Chestertown Md.

Any more questions please feel free to give me a call.

Bill Judge

410-479-9770

Parttime

Lieutenant Commander
The Judge 36 was originally a William Marine 36 built in Chestertown Md.

Any more questions please feel free to give me a call.

Bill Judge

410-479-9770

The Williams hull from Chestertown is not a downeast hull, it is a Chesapeake deadrise.

Williams sold more 36 hulls then finished boats. Here is a picture of a Williams finished as an over 6 charter boat.

williams.JPG

ifishmd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Judge 27 Chesapeake
The Williams hull from Chestertown is not a downeast hull, it is a Chesapeake deadrise.

Nice shot reds.

I dont think anyone was claiming the Judge 36 or any of the Judge line-up are downeast hulls. We were just clarifying the false information posted by GoodChance to where the hulls derived from originally.

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Bill did build one 35 JC in the past and decided he didnt like the hull. It is nothing like the Judge Yachts 36.

The 36 being discussed is formerly the Williams Marine 36 designed by a marine architect that designed many commercial shrimp boats and offshore boats whom I cannot remember the name. (if you went to the waterman shows in the region, you may know the name.. Symtec or something) Google Williams Marine 36 and I think you will see where Bill even announced his purchase of the molds years ago on another forum.

I guess you mean David Sintes- Sintes Designs

icemang

Captain
I guess you mean David Sintes- Sintes Designs

Whoa.

cflexnewapplications8.jpg.w180h210.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50