Koden CVS-8842

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
No one? I have one in my garage and was hoping to give it away for a backup.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I believe that is the machine that I am using but I will check next time I am at the boat. It's almost identicat to Furunos FCV 292 correct. (10" crt for a screen) If it is the same one I have they are great units!

Helen L

Commander
I have one of these but something is malfunctioning. Depth is constantly 12-14' no matter how deep you are and bottom characteristics are way off. Haven't really trouble shot it since I bought the boat with it like this and was only planning on using it as a back up.

Wouldn't mind having yours to narrow down the problem. I figure it's the ducer but if I plug yours in and don't have the problem it would save a lot of time for me.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I looked online a little and they sold a 8842 and an 8842c. I need to look tonight to see witch one I have. Plowin has 1st shot at it then helenL. I will post the model # when I get home from work. There should be nothing wrong with the machine, I removed it when I bought and rebuilt the boat so I never had it on the boat. I did power it up in the garage and it worked fine. I just have no use for it.

BernardJordan

Ensign
Koden has been around since 1947 and is a major player in commercial type of navigation gear. My understanding is that "SI-TEX is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koden Electronics Company, Ltd. of Japan." This is from the Sitex web site. The Koden is a quality product. The CVS 8842 is a 10" 120/200 MHz dual frequency fish finder. I believe it is 3 to 4 years old at this time. If you have more knowledge then let me know.

Top Bottom