First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
we just got LED spot lights on our cars at work, they are night and day compared to the old standard lights.
Not exactly a good comparison, but I would go LED. also they pull less power form the battery.

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
I believe ours are made by whelen, they are pilar mounts. As you stated LED is much brighter than a standard light, i guess you just need to justify the price difference for the amount of time you will use the light.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
I just bought a new flashlight that knocked my socks off with the great beam. I have converted my cockpit lights to all leds and I love them. Now if I can just find a real spotlight thet is led I would have to take a good hard look. The one's out there now are outragious pricewise. Has to be wireless remote too.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
TU wound up! that was fast!....had one before that was Not LED. brought it to boat and actually mounted under tower controls. looked like it would work niceley.BUT after all said and done, directions said could not be mounted up side down,(which it was).....ouch

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
sorry to cofuse..it was perminatly mounted..the remote ony let's you sweep the beam if needed.

greg

Captain
I love the idea of LED's for spotlights, but they are about 10% the light output of a comparable MH light.

Even compared to their own stryker golight (which I have), the LED unit is 20% of the light output at 200% of the cost.

Hopefully light output will go up and prices will go down......

Beamie

Commander
LED flashlights are great, batteries last much longer. I have had a few different ones for the ship but I have noticed that it is the lenses that makes the difference. Some LED lenses have a good "spot" and some are more defused. I need that spot when trying to find an oil drip.

WRT the Golight spot lights I am going to buy the regulatr bulb $184 model vice the LED. The regular one is 400,000CP. There is no CP rating for the LED??? The regular one most likely has that better spot. Yes the LED draw less amps but in this case 3 amps compared to 5.5. This isn't that much difference compared to say navigation lights that draw 10 times less.

Top Bottom