Lateral Exhaust...

cb34

Admiral
exh

No different then the stern, if it is done right.

Brooksie

Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
No great advantage unless you can't get the correct pitch on the hose/pipe to the transom. Then it might save you from having to use a waterlift muffler.

The "northsea" type has a hose/pipe right across at the engine compartment exiting each side with the usual elbow teed into its center up, over & down to the engine.

The pipe/hose exiting both sides insures that the fumes exit on the leeward side and that water entering while rolling goes right out the other side.

CEShawn

Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
My exhaust is on the portside about 17' forward of transom, at that 4 or 6" above the waterline. So no real chance of taking water up that thing...

My thing is for tuna trolling I wonder if strikes will be closer to the stern as its much quieter back there. I used to hear that bluefin trollers that had dry stacks had that happen. Between the canyons and out east can't wait to find out.

Not like canyon tuna and marlin do not eat 6' of the transom anyways. I am amazed at how close those fish get everytime. I could have reached out and touched a few blue marlin eating teasers...

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
My exhaust is on the portside about 17' forward of transom, at that 4 or 6" above the waterline. So no real chance of taking water up that thing...

My thing is for tuna trolling I wonder if strikes will be closer to the stern as its much quieter back there. I used to hear that bluefin trollers that had dry stacks had that happen. Between the canyons and out east can't wait to find out.

Not like canyon tuna and marlin do not eat 6' of the transom anyways. I am amazed at how close those fish get everytime. I could have reached out and touched a few blue marlin eating teasers...

I wonder how much exhaust noise they hear with all the prop wash and engine noise ???

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
I wonder how much exhaust noise they hear with all the prop wash and engine noise ???

The 32 Wayne Beal with QSC 490 power I sea trialed in May had an 8" exhaust with NO muffler about a foot back from the 7 foot top exiting the port side.

TALK ABOUT LOAD ?????? :(

Plus the boat had ZERO insulation.

CEShawn

Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Steve thats the noise they like LOL again its hearsay in a sense...

Its like in the canyons, I've lost half a dozen teasers that are literally 4-6' behind my 8" exhaust... Scare the shit out of you...

captainlarry84

Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Side exhaust should be no different, however make sure you are well above the water line with a surge tube. If you like to drift fish beam to the seas you could take a shot of water.

Top Bottom