LED Deck Floodlight recommendation

tuna_fan

Captain
Looking for 2 x LED decklights - to replace my weak halogen 50w old lights...would like something BRIGHT, enough to see a fish at night in the prop wash... ;) any recommendations?

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I just put in 2 Rigid Dually's this year and so far love them. Bright and white and the construction and powder coated housing seems 1st class.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
hi fan...take a walk over to the marina and look a Billy's big LED o/b bounty hunter. I have put LED on mine couple years ago and love them, but I really liked those on Bill's. BIG and he said they really light up:lol:

h

tuna_fan

Captain
thanks guys - does anyone know the brand of Billy's lights? I have seen them on the show and I like how they stand off the roof.
True - thanks for the recommendation - I was looking at the Dually's (D2's) but if you think those ebay ones are brighter, I may go with those!! Just figured anything on ebay was junk :/ glad to be wrong.

greg

Captain
Old post, but what the heck. I just installed 2x126W cree led light bars I bought off an ebay seller. Cost me about $300 all in.

To say they are bright is an understatement. These things are like stadium lighting. Will they last? I don't think they will last years; the wires aren't tinned and the sheathing is total crap. But at this price they will be cost effective, even as throw aways (about $100 each). I've had halogen deck lights that failed after two years.

Anyway, here they are mounted. Should really blind people out there. ;)

leds off.JPG

leds on.JPG

Med Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Maritime Skiff not a DE but built in Maine
Rigid and they are worth the money.

greg

Captain
This same project with Rigid lights that put out half the light would have cost me $800.

These can fail twice as often as the rigids and I'll still be way ahead of the game.

Rigid makes good products, but they fail as well. Everything on a boat will fail.

You really don't get what you pay for a lot of the time.

Just like the guys who swear by van stall. I just smile and buy new pliers every three years.

Not criticizing your choice, just saying it isn't dogma.

Ripcat

Commander
This same project with Rigid lights that put out half the light would have cost me $800.

These can fail twice as often as the rigids and I'll still be way ahead of the game.

Rigid makes good products, but they fail as well. Everything on a boat will fail.

You really don't get what you pay for a lot of the time.

Just like the guys who swear by van stall. I just smile and buy new pliers every three years.

Not criticizing your choice, just saying it isn't dogma.

I went generic cree's from amazon...spent 25% of what the equivalent Rigids would have cost. Love em...

Top Bottom