Lee swivel rods holders

mfrench808

Lieutenant Commander
Ld marine

LD Marine - Lou DaSilva makes a real rod holder. in my opinion much better quality and finish. I polish mine with saltwater. the plastic inserts are great and easy on your rods. The guy makes hardcore fishing products for boats.

See LDMARINEPRODUCTS.com

cb34

Rear Admiral
Rod holder

LD's are great but no one has any:mad: Lee is fine even deeper than the LD

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
I am working on a batch of rod holders now. They are all T316 stainless, 1/4" thick flanges and I use the same type of liners that lee uses, I like it better. I'm probably 4 weeks out from having product. Give me some feed back on depth. The LDs are 13", what would people like to see, possible as an option.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
El mar, I wonder if the quality changed somewhere. I had pairs for 8 years before with no problems at all with the inserts...

I always liked the hard insert, felt it made the rod swivel better but maybe I'm thinking to much...

Ld Marine Products

Lieutenant
Hi guys, I have been straight out the problem is that the material suppliers are not stocking as much as before. I'm still manufacturing as always!! If you do not see my products in the tackle store ask for it and they will order whatever you need. the dealers are also not stocking like before...FYI...I used to make the rubber inserts but guys didn't like them because when you hook up it's hard to move the rod under pressure. I have been doing this for a long time and I tuna fish for giants so I now what works, a lot of guys think it's easy to make product in there basement and then relies it's not the case....LD MARINE PRODUCTS & CJ MARINE ( that I purchased from Carls family years back ) there are swivel rod holder out there for over 40 years now!! there is your proof if you would like the rubber. I can switch over it will take some time to redo it but can be done.. P.S Mike D. call me...the problem with the rubber is over time the rubber gets sticky and gummy FYI. I have new liner material with a uv inhibitor that protects it from break down because of the sun...............Thanks Luis

Dave R

Ensign
I am working on a batch of rod holders now. They are all T316 stainless, 1/4" thick flanges and I use the same type of liners that lee uses, I like it better. I'm probably 4 weeks out from having product. Give me some feed back on depth. The LDs are 13", what would people like to see, possible as an option.

Hi guys, I have been straight out the problem is that the material suppliers are not stocking as much as before. I'm still manufacturing as always!! If you do not see my products in the tackle store ask for it and they will order whatever you need. the dealers are also not stocking like before...FYI...I used to make the rubber inserts but guys didn't like them because when you hook up it's hard to move the rod under pressure. I have been doing this for a long time and I tuna fish for giants so I now what works, a lot of guys think it's easy to make product in there basement and then relies it's not the case....LD MARINE PRODUCTS & CJ MARINE ( that I purchased from Carls family years back ) there are swivel rod holder out there for over 40 years now!! there is your proof if you would like the rubber. I can switch over it will take some time to redo it but can be done.. P.S Mike D. call me...the problem with the rubber is over time the rubber gets sticky and gummy FYI. I have new liner material with a uv inhibitor that protects it from break down because of the sun...............Thanks Luis

I've always liked the softer style liner personally, but I can certainly see the argument for a harder/slicker insert when it comes time to shift a rod under load. Now I can't decide what the hell I want!

FWIW, I've been working metal my whole life, and having handled LD's product I can say the quality is excellent, no question. I am also familiar with Tuna Pursuit's operation, and can say it is a far cry from some guy mucking about in a basement, he does top shelf work and knows what he is about.

It's good to see more local guys stepping up. I like the idea of putting my money back into the local economy, and the thought that my feedback and input might actually stand a chance of being passed along when I go to my local shop doesn't hurt either.

seasar33

Lieutenant
Hey Mike , got two from douglas supply in Az. Good price and shipped in two days.. unfortunately , i like the four bolt pattern better of the LD's or CJ's but there's already Lees on the boat. Didn't feel like swapping them all. I really like the no hole rod hlder LD makes. Really nice.

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
i've got 10 LD 0 degree rod holders that I got out of saco bay, in my boat, they were out at the time but pete ordered em and lou drop shipped them right to the house and I had em the next day! I would def go with the LD ones, I had lees in my old boat and the smaller flange with only 3 machine screws kind of sketched me out...

Top Bottom