levy boats ?

Discussion in 'Downeast Boat Builders (25 Ft+)' started by sidejob, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sidejob

sidejob Member

Boat Make:
    novi
    apparently this company is a 100 yrs old but has no info any where anyone know any info or history

2. rarel01

rarel01 Member

levy boats

Sidejob, I dont even have a valid telephone number for levy. Howevever I believe alot of builders of both novi and downeast boats work on several key thoughts such as local demand, reputation and in these difficult economic times just staying in buisness. I really do believe that our boat is over built rock solid! I will never win a race but we dont spill any beverages regardless of sea condition! Should you be so inclined shoot me a pm and maybe we could even manage a ride. Best wishes Bob:D

Tonkatoys86 likes this.
  3. sidejob

sidejob Member

Boat Make:
    novi
    levy

hey thanks for the reply i am looking at a 30 levy just dont know too much about it i will keep u posted or if u know any more info

4. mcm44

mcm44 Member

Boat Make:
    Levy 18
    Levy

Hi, new to the forum and searched on levy as i own a Levy18 which i bought a few years ago from thr originsl owner who bought it directly from Levy. I also tried to ind them and ended up writing to a Nova Scotia boat builders association and a message back from them confirmed that levy is out of business.
    for the 18 Levy bpught the mold from Rosborough. Dont have much info beyond this, there was also a vry basic brochure of the 18 that the guy gave me at purchase.

5. r baker

r baker New Member

Levy 32

To rarel01,
    Hello, am I to understand that you own a Levy 32 ? If so I would like to talk with you, svp.
    Richard

Tonkatoys86 likes this.
  6. rarel01

rarel01 Member

Rich check your pm... Bob

7. young.levy

young.levy New Member

Boat Builder
    Home Page:
    Hi I know this is an extremely old thread, but Levy is back in business operating from Sober Island, Nova Scotia. We've done a couple rebuilds you can see at facebook.com/soberislandboatworks

Looking to catch up with people familiar with the builds from over the years.

Eastporter, Genius and winterking like this.
  8. Fouraces59

Fouraces59 Senior Member

Hi, do you have your own molds? I have looked at a 28' that was originally in round Pond ME and is now on Vinalhaven. Love the size and she moved well and was interested in something like this

9. young.levy

young.levy New Member

Boat Builder
    Home Page:
    Hi Fouraces59, my father is the designer of the Levy 30 and he remembers building one and cutting 2 feet off, sent to a customer in Round Pond. We still have the hull molds. Thanks for getting in touch

Tonkatoys86 likes this.
  10. Fouraces59

Fouraces59 Senior Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I have some pictures of it that I will try to post

Tonkatoys86 likes this.