Lobster boat racing 2022 schedule

bryan c stevens

Deckhand
Hard to understand that that there not much posted about this? I hope to be there sunday morning,anyone know the best spots to watch
from land? Is there venders/tents/ beer?

I might be as wrong as rain here , but the speeds in the open class YA BUDDY !!! And If my memory serves me correctly there used to be a boat called the RED BARON that was pretty GD FAST !!

clearcan

1st Mate
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Starwind 19
I have traditionally seen the races from the Samoset Resort for the Rockland races. It’s generally around the timeframe that my parents have their timeshare and my grandparents lived just across the street at Jameson Point. I’d have to say it is these experiences I had growing up and spending much of my summers that have brought me such an appreciation for the fishery, boats and fishermen who make this possible.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User
Fastest to date is Foolish Pleasure at 72 MPH or around there. Not a real working boat but fun to watch. Unfortunately it no longer races. I don’t remember the fastest documented speed for Red Baron, she hasn’t raced in close to a decade. I like watching Andrew Taylor’s Blue Eyed Girl. A real working lobsterboat that goes 50MPH plus. Another favorite is Gold Digger!
Ooops , I guess I'm giving away my age here . 72 mph !! I can get about 28 out of my 22' with my 75 hp Mariner and at that point there's not a lot of boat in the water . A little squirly though . Thank you for the info .

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Jjammer

Admiral
Boat Make
36 Stanley / John Williams
I have traditionally seen the races from the Samoset Resort for the Rockland races. It’s generally around the timeframe that my parents have their timeshare and my grandparents lived just across the street at Jameson Point. I’d have to say it is these experiences I had growing up and spending much of my summers that have brought me such an appreciation for the fishery, boats and fishermen who make this possible.
Great vantagepoint

No problem. My race history is a little rusty too because I was gone for 8 1/2 years. It has been a fun evolution to watch. I mean a real year round lobsterboat going 50mph. I can’t wait to see what happens in another 10 years or so.
I don't know if this is one of the boats you were referencing but I watched a movie about a guy who built a boat to race ( not a working boat ) which I believe had a Merlin motor of crazy hp with the headers just coming right out of the motor , no motor box . When they raced it everybody had ear protection on and that friggin thing ROARED ! The owner was sort of a stocky guy with glasses that to me seemed to always have a shit eaten grin on his face . As I look back now with a boat like that I can see why .

Uremomsbff

Deckhand
First Name
Gildon
Anyone know location and date of races. Wouldn't mind flying up to watch this. Always loved watching this on youtube.

pembroke

Commodore
Lite User
First Name
Russ

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

PatriciaLynn

Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I don't know if this is one of the boats you were referencing but I watched a movie about a guy who built a boat to race ( not a working boat ) which I believe had a Merlin motor of crazy hp with the headers just coming right out of the motor , no motor box . When they raced it everybody had ear protection on and that friggin thing ROARED ! The owner was sort of a stocky guy with glasses that to me seemed to always have a shit eaten grin on his face . As I look back now with a boat like that I can see why .
That's a 30 Repco, Elizabeth.

bryan c stevens

Deckhand
Well the Bass Harbor lobster boat race is in the history books. Very nice sunny day, wonderfull people to talk to.
Everyone was extra nice, The folks at the ferry dock said you can park wherever, watch the races from there
porch area. There was other good places to park and watch. Anyway it was well worth the long boat ride from
Kentucky to see the boats. Not really, we drove and staying all week. I'll try to get pictures on here but i use a dumb
phone; my wife took pictures with hers.

Penzance Point

1st Mate
First Name
Mike
I this is a jon Johansen lecture from Feb about racing. I enjoyed it being a newbie to downeast. Hope others like it. The second half picks up.

Top Bottom